Thread: Errors with clamz and bamz: can't download amz file from Amazon Cloudplayer

Beans

Errors with clamz and bamz: can't download amz file from Amazon Cloudplayer

Hi,
    I just purchased some music on Amazon and tried to download it from the Amazon Cloudplayer. I've done so successfully multiple times in the past using clamz. However, this time, when I use clamz I get:

clamz Amazon-MP3-1318681462.amz
    ERROR: Invalid base64 data in AMZ file 'Amazon-MP3-1318681462.amz'

0 of 1 AMZ files downloaded successfully.

I also tried bamz, and I get:

bamz Amazon-MP3-1318681462.amz
    Invalid .amz file: Amazon-MP3-1318681462.amz

I've searched around but I can't find a similar enough issue with any solution. Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!
    tom

ps I can always boot into Windows and download, so this is not a pressing issue. However, I try to minimize my use of Windows so I'd love to figure this out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Errors with clamz and bamz: can't download amz file from Amazon Cloudplayer

I have the same problem, banshee does not work either. What version of Ubuntu are you using?

Beans

I got the same error, so I filed a bug tonight: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...mz/+bug/881842

It probably would be a good idea to confirm the bug, and possibly test the patch available on the Arch bug tracker.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mawxcarroll View Post
    Hi,
    I just purchased some music on Amazon and tried to download it from the Amazon Cloudplayer. I've done so successfully multiple times in the past using clamz. However, this time, when I use clamz I get:

clamz Amazon-MP3-1318681462.amz
    ERROR: Invalid base64 data in AMZ file 'Amazon-MP3-1318681462.amz'

0 of 1 AMZ files downloaded successfully.
    I haven't used the cloud player, but I just downloaded an Amazon *.amz file with clamz 0.5 and it worked fine.

The "invalid base64" error sounds as though the *.amz file might have become corrupted.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    I haven't used the cloud player, but I just downloaded an Amazon *.amz file with clamz 0.5 and it worked fine.

The "invalid base64" error sounds as though the *.amz file might have become corrupted.
    I had the same problem, seems to be related to file encryption. Solution posted here.
    http://code.google.com/p/clamz/issues/detail?id=29

Start first by removing clamz.