Thread: Resolution cannot be changed from 640x480 and doesn't fit the laptop screen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Resolution cannot be changed from 640x480 and doesn't fit the laptop screen

I am setting up my brother's laptop and he only really needs it for the internet, maybe some text documents, so I have installed Lubuntu Oneiric (it only has 256MB, although it can be upgraded, and a Celeron).

The problem is the resolution cannot be changed from 640x480 and doesn't fit the screen. See attached for details.

I have opened a bug, but they rarely go anywhere and you don't get any help unless you ask for it - so I'm here!

/etc/xorg.conf doesn't exist and a whole bunch of other places that I looked I couldn't find. I found some .vga stuff that was far too complicated and a bunch of lxdm stuff that's also text spam.

So, I am now reaching out to the experts to ask, "Do you have any idea how to sort this out?"

Big thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Smile Re: Resolution cannot be changed from 640x480 and doesn't fit the laptop screen

Thanks to BJB in Launchpad for the answer.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...694/comments/9

Sorry but I don't know how to change this to solved...