Thread: 11.10 Bug?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question 11.10 Bug?

Hm, well I dunno if this is supposed to happen, or not. If this makes me seem like a complete idiot, feel free to say so. But, when I use the Chrome/Chromium web browser in 11.10, whenever I minimize the window, I can't remaxmize them. I don't know where they go and I can't seem to find them, help? This happens with Skype too, but I just have to activate it.. I'm so confused.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: 11.10 Bug?

Bring up the Unity launcher (move mouse cursor to far left screen, or press Windows key and hover mouse over Unity bar), and they should be on there if they are still open. Just click the app in the launcher and it will maximize it again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

You can also try ALT-TAB, usually even in cases which they are minimized but aren't shown in the launcher or multitasking menu.
    Full time Ubuntu user
    The history of Tux

Beans

I'm having the same problem as MidnightWings -- the windows effectively close when I click minimize -- they're not visible on the Launcher or via Alt-Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightWings View Post
    Hm, well I dunno if this is supposed to happen, or not. If this makes me seem like a complete idiot, feel free to say so. But, when I use the Chrome/Chromium web browser in 11.10, whenever I minimize the window, I can't remaxmize them. I don't know where they go and I can't seem to find them, help? This happens with Skype too, but I just have to activate it.. I'm so confused.

Beans

OK, well, after restarting this problem went away. Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by oaklandy View Post
    I'm having the same problem as MidnightWings -- the windows effectively close when I click minimize -- they're not visible on the Launcher or via Alt-Tab.