Hi,

I have a server running Ubuntu Server 10.04 64 bit. This server is mainly used as a file server for my computers and laptop. I store all of my music, films pictures etc on the server and each computer accesses them through samba shares.

I have recently bought an LG HX806SH Blu-ray player which is DNLA compliant. Although I have a networked media streamer connected to my TV, I would like to do away with that and use the Blu-ray player to view my media.

The server is a headless one, controlled through Webmin and Putty when necessary.

Can anyone advise of a suitable DNLA program that I can use to stream my media?

I have tried Mediatomb which just did not seem to work at all. It added the files to its database but on restarting the server or even the program, it either lost all of the files in the database or refused to restart. Even before restarting, the Blu-ray player could not see the server at all.

I then tried Minidlna which worked a little bit. The player would see the server and would see a few folders of the video files but did not see all of the folders and did not see most of the video files. When it came to my pictures and music, it did not see any of the files or folders at all.

I should stress that I am not overly confident with Linux so ideally I would be looking for a site which has straight forward instructions (not just “download and compile program x then run it”) and a healthy support / forum network should I run into any problems.

I have also posted this question in the “Multimedia and Video” forum at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post11342111.

Thanks in advance for your help.