Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu

Well I have fixed my courier sasl problem, but now I am having a problem with smtpd sasl issues.

Whenever I am trying to send mail outside of my domain it is being rejected. Here are a few log's

mysql log
    Code:
     35 Connect     mail@localhost on maildb
                         35 Query       SELECT destination FROM aliases WHERE mail='mydomain' and enabled = 1
                         36 Connect     mail@localhost on maildb
                         36 Query       SELECT domain FROM domains WHERE domain='mydomain' and enabled = 1
    060630 13:51:50      35 Query       SELECT destination FROM aliases WHERE mail='gmail.com' and enabled = 1
                         36 Query       SELECT domain FROM domains WHERE domain='gmail.com' and enabled = 1
    What I find strange is that it is running a query looking for gmail.com which I know is failing... I can't possible list every domain that somebody might want to send mail too.. so I know something is arsed up in my cofigs somewhere.. I just can't seem to figure out where.

mail.log
    Code:
    Jun 30 13:51:50 zues postfix/smtpd[2787]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 554 <theuser@gmail.com>: Relay access denied; from=<localuser@mydomain> to=<theuser@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<[192.168.2.2]>
    Jun 30 13:51:51 zues postfix/smtpd[2787]: lost connection after RCPT from unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
    main.cf (snippets of relevant stuff)
    Code:
    inet_interfaces = all
    mynetworks_style = host

# requirements for teh sender details
    smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unauth_pipelining, permit

# requirements for the connectin server
    smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org, reject_rbl_client blackholes.easynet.n1, reject_rbl_client dnsb1.njab1.org

#adding the postgrey policy:
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining, permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unauth_destination, check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000, permit

smtpd_sasl_auth_enabled = yes
    broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
    smtpd_sasl_path = /etc/postfix/sasl:/usr/lib/sasl2
    smtpd_sasl_security_options = nonanonymous
    smtpd_sasl_local_domain =

smtpd_use_tls = yes
    smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/postfix.cert
    smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/postfix.key
    smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining
    smtpd.conf
    Code:
    pwcheck_method: auxprop
    auxprop_plugin: sql
    mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
    sql_engine: mysql
    sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
    sql_user: mail
    sql_passwd: myubersecurepassword
    sql_database: maildb
    sql_select: select clear from users where id='%u@%r' and enabled = 1
    any help would be appreciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RShadow
    SOLVED: I had an error in authmysqlrc .. now I just need to figure out how I can send mail to the outsideworld.
    First, I'd like to apologize to Flurdy for posting my first request in the wrong thread...Didn't realize there was a whole other Dapper Drake thread! Sorry!

I'm probably being an idiot here, but where did you find the authmysqlrc file for dapper drake? I understand from the courier-authlibs information page that mysql support is integrated into that tarball, but after doing the "apt-cache search courier-authmysql", I can't seem to find the package, and therefore I have no authmysqlrc file...10 to 1 says that it has to be manually built from source code, but I'd like to have someone confirm or deny that. Thanks!
    BTW, this is a AMD-64 build, so the repositories may be different?
    Last edited by herald; June 30th, 2006 at 11:48 PM.

Beans

the tutorial is too confusing for someone who is new. Please make it more newbie friendly, k thx~

example: write in commands to edit / create files 'sudo vim /etc/postfix/(whatever)'

Also, be more precise and confident with the content: I want what you're offering, not something similar. Give me all the steps to make exactly what you have.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Problem with SMTP SASL (Howto: set up a mail server in Ubuntu)

/var/log/mail.log says:

Code:
    Jul  1 10:07:14 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: connect from some.host.com[1.2.3.4]
    Jul  1 10:07:14 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: SASL authentication failure: no secret in database
    Jul  1 10:07:14 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: some.host.com[1.2.3.4]: SASL CRAM-MD5 authentication failed
    Jul  1 10:07:14 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: SASL authentication failure: Password verification failed
    Jul  1 10:07:14 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: some.host.com[1.2.3.4]: SASL PLAIN authentication failed
    Jul  1 10:07:14 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: some.host.com[1.2.3.4]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
    Jul  1 10:07:19 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: SASL authentication failure: no secret in database
    Jul  1 10:07:19 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: some.host.com[1.2.3.4]: SASL CRAM-MD5 authentication failed
    Jul  1 10:07:20 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: SASL authentication failure: Password verification failed
    Jul  1 10:07:20 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: some.host.com[1.2.3.4]: SASL PLAIN authentication failed
    Jul  1 10:07:23 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: warning: some.host.com[1.2.3.4]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
    Jul  1 10:07:27 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: lost connection after AUTH from some.host.com[1.2.3.4]
    Jul  1 10:07:27 mail postfix/smtpd[10067]: disconnect from some.host.com[1.2.3.4]
    while /var/log/mysql/mysql.log says nothing (it logs other queries, so logging itself seems to be ok)

/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf is

Code:
    pwcheck_method: auxprop
    auxprop_plugin: sql
    mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
    sql_engine: mysql
    sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
    sql_user: someuser
    sql_passwd: somepass
    sql_database: somedb
    sql_select: select clear from users where id='%u@%r' and enabled = 1
    someuser with somepass is allowed do connect to use somedb at localhost. So where is the problem? It seems that postfix/sasl does not even try to connect to the database

Beans

Hmm.. no postfix gurus around? Still have not been able to solve this one.

as for my authmysqlrc file.. I had to create it myself in /etc/courier

Beans
    Well, i am having a problem described here,

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=206591
    (SASL per-process initialization failed)

Maybe posting here gives me more luck to find the solution and maybe flurdy sees my question.

Thanks
    Software Engineer

Has anyone managed to get amavisd-new to work with mysql-white/blacklisting (wbl). I've roughly followed http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sql.txt and have managed to get amavisd to store the quarantined messages in a table...but I can not get it to look up the wbl table. There's no sign of the query in the mysql.log.

I've set $sql_select_white_black_list = 'SELECT wb FROM wblist,mailaddr WHERE (wblist.rid=?) AND (wblist.sid=mailaddr.id) AND (mailaddr.email IN (%k)) ORDER BY mailaddr.priority DESC' in the 50-user conf file amavis/conf.d

Anyone help me? Show me their amavis conf files? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Willy T. Koch
    Oslo, Norway

Beans

I think I posted this somewhere else, but if you are having trouble going through flurdy's guide then I would suggest you give this howto a try

http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/

It worked perfectly for me, and it explains alot of what is going on as well. I guess it just made more sense to me, made me understand why I was doing what I was doing so when I did run into a few hitches (misspellings) I knew exactly where to look and was up and runnign with this guide in about 20 min.

Beans

Has anyone including the author been sucessful in this installation?

The Idol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by the_idol
    Has anyone including the author been sucessful in this installation?
    The Idol
    I have not been.. I'm getting closer though. A few typos here and there messed me up. Right now I'm at the stage where I can access the courier imap via thunderbird but I can't send myself an email from anywhere (internal or external). I keep getting this error:

Code:
    Jul  7 09:43:04 mail2 postfix/smtpd[4816]: connect from unknown[50.59.29.10]
    Jul  7 09:43:04 mail2 postfix/smtpd[4816]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[207.59.239.130]: 554 <viniosity@foo.net>: Relay access denied; from=<testaccount@gmail.com> to=<viniosity@foo.net> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.gmail.com>
    I've done lots of searching on google for 554 relay access denied but the solutions I found don't seem to apply to this scenario where domains are kept in the dbase instead of /etc/postfix/virtual

Any ideas?
    Last edited by viniosity; July 7th, 2006 at 07:02 PM. Reason: forward progress

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast