Thread: Youtube videos play in fastforward and have no sound

Beans

Youtube videos play in fastforward and have no sound

So my problem is,i go to watch videos on youtube but they play sped up super fast. It's like they are being fastforwarded. On top of that, they have no sound what so ever. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? I uninstalled the adobe flash plugins and re-installed them but that didnt work. I then tried installing firefox to see if it was a problem with google chrome only. Firefox had the same problems. I'm not having this problem in windows either... So i don't think its a hardware or a driver problem... I honestly have no idea whats wrong. does anyone have any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Youtube videos play in fastforward and have no sound

What flash version are you running... It may be worth trying to update or even reinstall your flash version.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    Vextor Homepage | Vextor Blog

Beans

Well i just checked the software center and it said this was the versions i was using

11.0.1.152ubuntu0.11.04.1 (flashplugin-installer)

soooo... i think im up to date. is there anyway to some how clear all the saved data/cookies/file caches or just delete all the web data flash has stored?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

install ubuntu restricted extras from the software centre if fixes most of these kind of things
    'The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying "AND ANOTHER THING!" twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument'
    -Douglas Adams

Beans

I have the same issues as James, wondering if you were able to resolve your problem.

Beans

Same problem here! Happened after an update. Googled and checked everywhere on the internet and found no solution!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kapchoi View Post
    Same problem here! Happened after an update. Googled and checked everywhere on the internet and found no solution!
    Try installing "Flash-Aid" plugin in firefox, then run it in wizard mode (it prompts to do so immediately after installation). It automatically fixes most of the flash related problems, just go with the defaults it suggests.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags