Thread: Ubuntu rocks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu rocks

I am a few months into ubuntu and only a week or 2 into my ubuntu laptop (gazelle pro) and I am impressed. I AM impressed. Did I mention that I was impressed? I started with windows and finally 3 years ago went with macs due to too many windows problems. I thought maybe I could use ubuntu to resurrect some older dead PCs and tried it out this summer. Yesterday and today I have been hooking up a couple of printers and have been able to print immediately-heck this printer thing is even easier than my macbook!

Still on 11.04, but very happy. Sorry for my "rant" but this is making my life easier and not harder like computers should (imo) do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu rocks

That's nice to read ... a lot of us are here for the same reasons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Yeah I had problems during the Vista years and started with Ubuntu 8.04 and have been hooked ever since but back in those days I could not get the wireless driver working on my Dell Inspiron B130. Now it works great on my Sony Vaio and I am looking at getting a System76 Pangolin Performance when Ubuntu 12.04 comes out.

I would still be with 10.04 if unity didn't come about

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I started with ubuntu 8.04 myself-this summer with a box I found at Half Price Books. Upgraded to 11.04 within a week. I think I will wait on 12.04 for my next upgrade as well and stick w it for a while.