I'm thinking about learning how to program stuff... In fact. I'm thinking about taking on a project that is probably bigger than I can swallow.

What's a good programming language that doesn't require a plug in for Windows (people keep suggesting python, but I had to install a plugin to run a program running python). I want a solid programming language.

And if possible, what's a good compiler? I would really like to have a visual compiler. Something like Google App Inventor http://www.appinventorbeta.com/about/ ... again, if that's possible.

I'm so sick of hearing about a program and conceptualizing how it would work. And then I use it and realize "oh... it can't do this or this or this... I thought it did..." and then after about five years and five different new releases of the same program, they finally put those functions in and everyone calls them brilliant and revolutionary. I seriously think up this crap years and years before these people do. Why not make something to show them how its done.