Thread: Losing minimized app instances

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Losing minimized app instances

Ok, to start off, I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 (beta) on my 2010 Macbook.

The problem I'm having is that when I have multiple instances of an application running and I minimize one I lose it. I've tried alt-tab, Super-w and any other shortcuts I could find on the net, but nothing will bring back the minimized window. It only brings up the active window(s). Again, clicking on the dock icon only brings up an expo-type display of the active application windows, no minimized ones.

If someone could tell me a keyboard shortcut or SOMETHING to work around this I would eternally grateful. This is really getting on my nerves and presents serious issues when I'm working on a research paper and keep losing my Chromium windows.

Thanks in advance. -Joe

Beans

Re: Losing minimized app instances

I don't know why it happens, but it shouldn't. I believe it is a bug. You could check if more people are reporting the same problem on launchpad.

Does it only happen with Chrome? And does it also happen with desktop effects turned off?

You could also try gnome shell or gnome fallback mode and see if it stops the problem; http://jeremy.bicha.net/2011/09/11/g...me-in-oneiric/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Losing minimized app instances

Thanks for the response. I just installed the 11.10 release and the problem is fixed. So, whatever it was is no longer an issue.
    -Joe