Thread: Sound and Video problems in Oneiric

Beans

Question Sound and Video problems in Oneiric

I am just checking to see if anyone else is having these problems, or if someone knows how to fix them.
    1. Skype/Sound bug: introduced after the update on tuesday 4th october (Oneiric Beta 2). When one or more other applications with audio is running, then skype will not launch calls due to "Problems with Audio Playback". So if I stop running audio from other applications, then Skype will launch the call and function normally. If I then launch an application with audio, that application will play, but no sound will be produced.
    2. This has been a persistent problem since installing Oneiric Beta2, and relates to video playback. If I play video in VLC, Miro etc, video plays normally, but if I play ogg or MP3 files in VLC or Media Player, then the visual part of the videos won't show. The system has to be restarted for video to work again.

Somebody got a clue?

Info:
    Ubuntu Oneiric B2
    on Aspire M3920
    Last edited by terje83; October 7th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Sound and Video problems in Oneiric

Quote Originally Posted by terje83 View Post
    I am just checking to see if anyone else is having these problems, or if someone knows how to fix them.
    1. Skype/Sound bug: introduced after the update on tuesday 4th october (Oneiric Beta 2). When one or more other applications with audio is running, then skype will not launch calls due to "Problems with Audio Playback". So if I stop running audio from other applications, then Skype will launch the call and function normally. If I then launch an application with audio, that application will play, but no sound will be produced.
    2. This has been a persistent problem since installing Oneiric Beta2, and relates to video playback. If I play video in VLC, Miro etc, video plays normally, but if I play ogg or MP3 files in VLC or Media Player, then the visual part of the videos won't show. The system has to be restarted for video to work again.

Somebody got a clue?

Info:
    Ubuntu Oneiric B2
    on Aspire M3920
    Sounds like this needs bug reporting.

Code:
    ubuntu-bug skype