Thread: I just got a new webcam video works fine but the built in mic is not functioning

Beans

I just got a new webcam video works fine but the built in mic is not functioning

ok i bought a new webcam and got the video to work with facebook and on Cheese but i tried recording audio through facebook, Cheese, and on the Sound Recorder application and on facebook and Cheese its nothing but on Sound Recorder its just a loud beeping. any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: I just got a new webcam video works fine but the built in mic is not functioning

Perhaps you should mention what sort of web cam it is. That may make it easier for people to help you.
    Michael

Beans

Re: I just got a new webcam video works fine but the built in mic is not functioning

its an iWorld webcam WC-7000

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Go into sound preferences and on the input tab make sure the webcam is selected

Beans

it is and ive tested with different amplified levels?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I may just be an unsupported brand. I've never heard of it and googling show 2 results, this thread and an ebay auction. I can't find a manufacturer site