Thread: VMware Player 3.1.4 on Natty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

VMware Player 3.1.4 on Natty

Is it even possible to run two VMs at the same time on Natty using VMware Player? I was able to run two VMs on 10.04 Lucid. Could there be a config file to edit, to allow more than one VM?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: VMware Player 3.1.4 on Natty

Quote Originally Posted by DAB4970 View Post
    Is it even possible to run two VMs at the same time on Natty using VMware Player? I was able to run two VMs on 10.04 Lucid. Could there be a config file to edit, to allow more than one VM?
    Just open two instances of VMware Player.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro

I've tried to, but doesn't seem to work. Don't know if the computer is trying to open a second on or not.

I'd use Virtual Box instead (running two instance works with VBox) but this is for school. They only use VMware on their lab machines. And I've requested VBox usage on their machines to give the students a choice of which one to use.
    Last edited by DAB4970; October 4th, 2011 at 12:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: VMware Player 3.1.4 and 4.0 on Natty

I checked on the supported host OSes for both 3.1.4 and the latest 4.0.0 versions. The latest release of Ubuntu that is supported as a host is 10.04 Lucid Lynx. It seemed to work ok on my Natty, except that I couldn't run 2 VMs at the same time. Well, at least Virtual Box releases a new version when a new release of Ubuntu gets released. I prefer to use VBox but the school doesn't have it on their systems. Guess I'll have to do a little persuading.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DAB4970 View Post
    yes? Natty is the first OS i ever tried vmware player on. I never had an issue. I would run Xp and 7 and debian at the same time.