Thread: Deja Dup backup to network pc with SSH

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Deja Dup backup to network pc with SSH

I use SSH , have it installed client and server on both my machines on my home network. I use it for both manual and Unison backup.
    I have installed Deja Dup for a more automated back up. attempting to setup a simple backup from one machine to backup to the other a small folder for test, but every time I run it I get a message "backup failed" "ssh program unexpectedly exited"
    The only required parameter is the address of the other machine. I have tried adding the optional data such as folder name where to store and it fails too. I can find no examples of how to set up SSH to another machine for Deja Dup on a local network but it doesn't really look that difficult.

I
    Natty 11.04 (Ubuntu Classic) installed dual boot on HP DV6646US laptop. Nvidia 7150M, Broadcom 4321AG. - Natty 11.04, dual boot on home built desktop, 2 gb memory, AMD Athlon 3000+ Gnucash Gramps Thunderbird /Lightning Skype K3b Chromium -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Deja Dup backup to network pc with SSH

So I'm senile, don't remind me. I had my other machine as 192.168.0.101 and it should have been 192.168.1.101
    I then had another problem with a message that "Backup failed Permission denied"
    This was because I had the path wrong. The error message is not very clear. There are no examples to follow so it was try this and try that. Defining:
    Backup location - SSH
    Server - 192.168.1.101
    Folder - /home/usernameofserver/backuptofilename

Worked
    Natty 11.04 (Ubuntu Classic) installed dual boot on HP DV6646US laptop. Nvidia 7150M, Broadcom 4321AG. - Natty 11.04, dual boot on home built desktop, 2 gb memory, AMD Athlon 3000+ Gnucash Gramps Thunderbird /Lightning Skype K3b Chromium -