Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jupiter Applet is Great. What a difference.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Jupiter Applet is Great! What a difference!!!

I just downloaded this for my Xubuntu 11.10 Toshiba laptop, not enough time to test for battery performance, but the ability to disable the touchpad is brilliant enough.

I did have to install libmono-posix cli 2.0 and 4.0 to get it to run.

Beans

Using Jupiter on both netbooks and they are running cooler, that alone is priceless.
    BTW installed Fuduntu today because upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 borked my video. Video on netbook now working fine and overall Fuduntu feels stable and polished--very nice!
    KBD47

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by fontis View Post
    Does Jupiter work on Kubuntu 11.10?
    It should, yes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
    I just downloaded this for my Xubuntu 11.10 Toshiba laptop, not enough time to test for battery performance, but the ability to disable the touchpad is brilliant enough.

I did have to install libmono-posix cli 2.0 and 4.0 to get it to run.
    Alas the battery still only lasts 3 hours, but I still love the touchpad and resolution controls.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

<deleted> created new thread
    Last edited by scottbomb; October 22nd, 2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: created new thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I have Jupiter installed and it works great with Unity, but at the moment I am forced to use Unity 2D and I can't get the tray icon to display. I have tried a fair few searches which have yielded using dconf-editor to whitelist the applet in the system tray but no joy. Jupiter is definitely running.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Using Xubuntu 11.10 on my laptop. From boot, re-logging in, or trying to start Jupiter from the menu I get the following message, but no icon:

Jupiter has been whitelisted to work with your systray. Please log out and log back in and you should see the Jupiter icon in your panel.
    Edit: Never mind. Read the post above about libmono-posix4.0_cil.
    Last edited by mkendall; October 23rd, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kaldor View Post
    It should, yes.
    I couldn't get it to work :S
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword...but Steven Seagal is mightier than the Pen AND the Sword. http://tinyurl.com/ybnsx2w
    Don't have Dropbox or any cloud-hosting yet? Click this -->http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE1MDE3NzY5

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fontis View Post
    I couldn't get it to work :S
    Just install libmono-posix 4.0.

Beans

I posted this on the LXDE Forum and thought I'd post it here as well in case anyone has thoughts about what's causing the error:

I have a bit of a bug in Lubuntu 11.10 with the Jupiter power saver app. The Jupiter app works fine in Xubuntu 11.10 and it works in Lubuntu 11.10 but when I installed it via terminal at the end of the install it said there was an error. But the app is working in Lubuntu, however, now every time I install something in synaptic Package Manager I get an error. It's related to the Jupiter app since that is where it started. Everything seems to work well, just get the nuisance warning at the end of every installation of every app now.

PS--here is the exact error:
    E: jupiter: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

I have no idea what that means, and I'm sure removing Jupiter would likely remove the error, but the Linux kernel runs very warm and eats up batteries, so I want to keep the app. Just curious why Jupiter works well on regular Ubuntu and Xubuntu, but creates an error message on all installs for Lubuntu.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast