Thread: Linux Mint: banshee won't start

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Linux Mint: banshee won't start

I got linux mint just yesterday, I tried to start banshee but alas:
    Code:
    banshee
    [Info  10:55:04.358] Running Banshee 2.0.0: [Ubuntu 11.04 (linux-gnu, i686) @ 2011-06-28 05:46:57 UTC]
    [Error 10:55:04.927] Error initializing required service DbConnection
    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Banshee.Database.BansheeDbFormatMigrator+DatabaseVersionTooHigh: This version of Banshee was prepared to work with older database versions (=< 43) thus it is too old to support the current version of the database (44).
      at Banshee.Database.BansheeDbFormatMigrator.Migrate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Startup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup (Hyena.Gui.StartupInvocationHandler startup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I have reinstalled but still the same output.
    Any ideas?

I think the useful info is: (cut and pasted of the above code)
    Code:
    This version of Banshee was prepared to work with older database versions (=< 43) thus it is too old to support the current version of the database (44).
    btw where in the home folder are the settings of banshee stored ? I looked but couldn't find them.
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; October 3rd, 2011 at 05:44 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Linux Mint: banshee won't start

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Linux Mint: banshee won't start

That's pretty funny, I just switched to Mint too and I had the same problem.

I just removed ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db and it works again, however removing that will get rid of the list of songs in banshee and ratings and such too.
    Every time you boot to windows, a kitten dies.

Desktop - Athlon II X4, Radon HD 5770, dual (crt) monitor 1800x1440 & 1600x1200