Thread: no apps in dash

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

no apps in dash

normally use gnome 3, giving unity a try, no apps or files in dash.

none.

nada.

zip.

known issue ?

solution ?
    If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: no apps in dash

Unity or its dependencies might not be installed / properly installed. I'd for for a reinstall. This packages will also reinstall zeitgeist which might be involved in this behavior.

sudo apt-get install --reinstall unity unity-common unity-lens-applications unity-lens-files unity-lens gwibber unity-lens-music unity-place-applications unity-place-files unity-scope-musicstores unity-services unity-2d unity-2d-launcher unity-2d-launcher unity-2d-panel unity-2d-places unity-2d-spread unity-asset-pool unity-greeter

sudo lightdm restart

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

the odd thing is, working fine 2 days ago.

may wait before any reinstall.
    If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car.

Beans
    Distro

Yes, updates some time crash things at this point of development (beta)... Its usual.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

thx for your time and effort (have saved your reinstall code for future reference), but reboot did the the trick.

"have you tried turning it off and on?"...ahhh the wisdom of tech supports around the globe

Beans
    Distro

hahahaha.....

You know what dude, I always think of too complicated scenarios when trying to help people. I forgot the basics. Thank you for reminding me. On/Off is always great advice.

Regards,
    Effenberg