392 32.67%
Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Broadcom Wireless cards

Beans

Re: How to: Broadcom Wireless cards

64 bit version

Beans

I can't get it to work. I have the same card that is causing lots of problems.

i did everything, but i cant even check for available networks at this point. I never could get wireless to work here, but on 5.10 with ndiswrapper i could at least get it to check for available networks. what could be wrong here?

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Okay, for everyone who couldnt get this to work PLEASE try it again with the revised instructions, i have added a new driver that is reccomended for use so go over it again before posting a "mine doesnt work" thankyou

Beans

piracyrocks did you happen to mess with the built in network manager that gnome has? That may be your problem.

I was doing a little experimenting when my wireless BCM4318 card was working and found that trying to configure my wireless card in and activating it would completely fudge the wireless system over. Even though I have not changed anything and disabled the cards in the built in network manager it will not detect any networks, even though the wifi light is on. This leads me to believe that there is some configuration bug in Dapper's built in network manager.

I have the HP version of your laptop and I can tell you that a fresh install with no messing around will get it working fine.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nickm
    Okay, for everyone who couldnt get this to work PLEASE try it again with the revised instructions, i have added a new driver that is reccomended for use so go over it again before posting a "mine doesnt work" thankyou
    that driver worked like a charm

thank you

guess i should change my vote now hehe

Beans

im about to re-try this whole thing..i just did a fresh install of 6.06 on my computer...here goes nothing *crosses fingers*

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by piracyrocks
    im about to re-try this whole thing..i just did a fresh install of 6.06 on my computer...here goes nothing *crosses fingers*
    good luck

Beans

so uh...i just did this whole thing with the new reccomended driver thing...the wl_apsta.o one...and it still doesnt work....not only can i not connect to my wireless network...but no wireless networks show up to connect to...none ever have...so im not that surprised...but im a bit dissapointed because that other guy with the same pc as me got this to work...what gives?

Beans

Sorry...wrong thread!
    Last edited by KiLLeR_WoMBaT; June 4th, 2006 at 10:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLeR_WoMBaT
    No matter what I try...the only way to NOT get a blank screen upon login is to use VESA. I have tried everything in this thread...both methods of installing ATI's driver and still Dapper will not get past the login screen.

If I try to use ATI or FGLRX with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, everything goes fine and upon reboot I have two drum sounds (this is how I know it won't work) and everything looks fine. I put in the username and password...everything looks good but just the cursor and a blank (default brown) screen. Nothing...I've let it sit for hours and nothing. It will let me ctrl+alt+bkspc and get out to the login screen again.

I have no DRI with VESA of course either; it still says MESA.

What should I post to help diagnose this problem? I upgraded from breezy...not a new install.
    what?

Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast