Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your final thoughts on Breezy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Your final thoughts on Breezy?

I think I'll kinda miss Breezy. It was the Ubuntu that started my Linux journey back on my old iMac, and I occasionally get a craving for the dark brown window title bars

However, once I start using Dapper I'll probably get accustomed to all the new features and things, and wonder how I ever used Breezy
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Breezy Badger was what convinced me do ditch Fedora Core 4. Warty and Hoary were good, but Breezy was the version I loved - and Dapper's looking even better

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Noelinho
    Warty and Hoary were good, but Breezy was the version I loved - and Dapper's looking even better
    I totally agree.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

For me Breezy was less stable but better performing than Warty and Hoary, which was to be expected.
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

For me, Breezy was the reason why I after eight years of moving back and forth between Linux and Windows, finally (and hopefully for good) settled in Linux. Not that Breezy changed everything, but the way it was set up, it worked very well for me without one re-install from October untill now, when I of course switched to Dapper in hope of something even better.

It's perhaps a bit speedier, but not a revolution. The good thing in Dapper is all the new components that are included. I would specially, since I haven't really used the system much yet, mention GStreamer, which is very good in Dapper, but was slow and buggy in Breezy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Proof that a free operating sysem can actually be good!

Of course, Dapper is better....

Edgy could be the first free operating system that really challanges the destop monopoly...

Ubuntu makes me feel like it is really possible that someday information sharing could be truly open and not based upon the amount of dollars in your pocket.

Happy trails...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Breezy? it is so yesterday!

Seriously though, it was, along with the Ubuntu community (browny points!), what allowed me to experiment with linux. And I must say that it has been frustrating and fun, but rewarding.

Thanks Breezy and Ubuntu community.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

wrong thread
    Last edited by basketcase; June 2nd, 2006 at 03:43 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Does anyone think as I do that with each new version from ubuntu that comes out that we all learn something good from it. With our own computer that we all have and in a good way that it makes all of us better and helping each out in problems that do come up with each version. I know I had learnt a lot going from Hoary to Breezy. And now going to Dapper drake. I wonder what awaits us with Dapper Can't wait to see what comes with that. Oh and one thing that I always do take lots of notes in each version that I am working with too with each version. Breezy it was nice knowing you while your on my computer.

Compucore

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Breezy Badger remains installed on Compaq DeskPro and continues to breeze along. The Compaq is a really really quite machine so I fire it up when I want to XMMS with Streamtuner. Dapper installed on the hp, which is a much faster machine than Compaq, and perhaps thats why it also whines alot. Anywho! Dapper is my main distro for the heavy stuff, and it really blows me away. Thank you Mr. Shuittleworth and your fine mix of techies.

p.s. And a special thank you to ArnieBoy for his part in bringing Automatix to all us lesser Badgers and Dappers.
    Last edited by enyaw; June 4th, 2006 at 08:17 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345