Thread: Gnome3 installed + reboot = Stopping System V runlevel Compatibility. Help Please

Beans

Gnome3 installed + reboot = Stopping System V runlevel Compatibility. Help Please

I researched and it looks like I need to reinstall my ati graphics, fglrx software because I'm getting a black screen with those words. I can't even boot up in safe graphics mode.

Can someone tell me how to access terminal from safe and how to install the ati/fglrx software?

or if i remove the gnome3 software will it revert back to my unity interface and if so how do I do that from terminal in safe mode?

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Gnome3 installed + reboot = Stopping System V runlevel Compatibility. Help Please

bump for help

Beans

Re: Gnome3 installed + reboot = Stopping System V runlevel Compatibility. Help Please

bump for help please

Beans

Sorry to be so late to the rescue, but I came up with a solution that worked for me.
    1. Ctrl+alt+f1 and login.
    2. After logging in I ran sudo dkpg --configure -a
    3. This will probably run for a while, and spit out some errors, but it will work for the most part. Once it's done, run sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    4. Once it's done, sudo apt-get update, and then reboot.
    5. Still having a little trouble with booting, because everytime I start up I have to ctrl+alt+f1 and startx