Thread: Update to 11.10 beta 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Update to 11.10 beta 2

I tried this weekend to update to the latest beta of 11.10, and was not able to.

I have applied all updates through Muon, and still not getting prompted to update to the beta. Not sure if Muon would prompt me or not.

Tried a apt-get dist-upgrade; and nothing happened. I can't do the update-manager -d, as Kubuntu does not use update-manager.

Any ideas on how to get beta 2 installed, without having to to a complete re-install?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Update to 11.10 beta 2

Thread moved to Ubuntu +1 (Oneiric Ocelot).

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gdonwallace View Post
    I tried this weekend to update to the latest beta of 11.10, and was not able to.

I have applied all updates through Muon, and still not getting prompted to update to the beta. Not sure if Muon would prompt me or not.

Tried a apt-get dist-upgrade; and nothing happened. I can't do the update-manager -d, as Kubuntu does not use update-manager.

Any ideas on how to get beta 2 installed, without having to to a complete re-install?
    Were you previously on beta 1? If so, and you're up to date, you're already running beta 2.

Beans
    Distro

Yes I was running beta 1.

I had read that Firefox and Thunderbird where supposed to be on the betas for version 7. However; when I check them, they are both on version 6.x.

Was kubuntu supposed to update these two programs or are they waiting until the final release. If they are ready, then I can assume that I am currently running beta 2.

Beans

Yes I was running beta 1.

I had read that Firefox and Thunderbird where supposed to be on the betas for version 7. However; when I check them, they are both on version 6.x.

Was kubuntu supposed to update these two programs or are they waiting until the final release. If they are ready, then I can assume that I am currently running beta 2.
    Then something is wrong and you're not being kept up to date. The Oneiric repositories have had Firefox 7 betas for weeks, and the 7 release repository hit the repos over the weekend.

It could be possible you are using an out of date mirror. You would have to post the contents of your '/etc/apt/sources.list'

Beans
    Distro

I will get it posted later tonight. I am at work and did not bring my laptop with me.

Beans
    Distro

Well it took a while because of work, but here is my sources_list
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Well it took a while because of work, but here is my sources_list
    Looks fine. You're probably already up to date.

Beans
    Distro

After I uploaded my sources.list, I again ran the update && upgrade and it grabbed well over 200 upgrades. When it was all said and done, I was up to date on Firefox, Thunderbird, and the most recent Kernel.

Not sure if it was my machine or the repos; but something seemed to be a little off. Looks good now though.

Thanks for the help