Thread: Logitech G300 erratic movement

Hybrid View

Beans

Logitech G300 erratic movement

Today I just received my new Logitech G300 mouse. Works perfectly under Windows XP and Windows 7, however in my Ubuntu 11.04 install it behaves very weirdly. Its the basic left mouse button that doesnt seem to function properly.

I cant click on an icon, whether its on the desktop or in the launchbar. And when I click once, it does weird stuff, like resize my window. Clicking in the launchbar doesnt do anything.

I found one other guy who has the same problem, but no solution...

Anybody any ideas/suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Logitech G300 erratic movement

I'm having the same problem.
    Chat with me!

Beans

Well, I kept the mouse, since it works great in Windows 7 (use it for gaming mostly) and I'm sure it will get fixed eventually...

It just irritates me a little bit. I think it is the actually mapping of functions to buttons that is set improperly.

Somebody advised lomoco. It is a configuration software for Logitech mice. It doesnt recognize the G300 yet. I mailed on de the mailinglist of the developers, no reply yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I did the same, we'll see!
    Chat with me!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Got the same problem here. I wouldn't say it's erratic movement, it's the fact that pressing left mouse click appears to move the mouse to the top right, sometimes if you try double clicking it appears to do a box select, and if you click on a tab in firefox it often moves the tab off the browser and you get it in a separate window.

For now I've gone back to my old mouse, but would like a solution to this. Worst case I'll have to dig through the code and see what sense I can make of it. If there are some debugging or capture tools then maybe I can hammer something together.
    In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the stakes at issue - Sayre's Law

Si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait - Henri Estienne

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Logitech G300 erratic movement

I have the same issue.

But I made further tests, and the result is:

The exact behaviour is if I press the left mouse button, the cursor is automagically goes to the left upper corner, so the mouse is totally unusable.

But this is related to a specific Distro and versions:
    10.04: the mouse is WORKING fine
    11.04: the mosue NOT working as diescribed before
    11.10: the mosue NOT working as diescribed before

Fedora 15: the mouse is WORKING fine

So, this is NOT locomo related, locomo is only for the spec features of the mouse, not the basic movement...

This is definietly Ubuntu specific, se the versions above.

Now I'm currenltly gathering more informartion about the software (module) wersions related to the mouse....
    Last edited by Zrubi; November 2nd, 2011 at 07:44 PM.