Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wireless Card BCM4313 Not Working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wireless Card BCM4313 Not Working

I do not have a live CD to use. Before I try that, let me ask - if it does work there, what would that suggest
    It would suggest that works fine, just have tried so many drivers there are just to many
    installed and they are hendering the correct driver from loading. Something strange here get quite a few
    new users who need to load correct broadcom drivers but usually not a problem. There are a lot of
    users with your card and not a lot of Threads not Solved in Broadcom.
    Remember hence where you come and pass it down.
    Ubuntu Forums member #899097 and Ubuntu Member:
    http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/index_main.html
    Main Page -

Beans

My card (bcm4313) also "stopped working" after the update - no sign of it anywhere (ifconfig or iwconfig).

I reloaded b43 module manually and it appeared now as eth1 instead of its previous wlan0.
    Works again.

Beans

Could you please expand on "loading b43 manually"? Does that mean uninstalling broadcom-sta-common, broadcom-sta-source, and bcmwl-kernel-source, and installing b43-fwcutter (and firmware-b43-installer?) in their place? Any additional steps?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsechasers2 View Post
    Could you please expand on "loading b43 manually"? Does that mean uninstalling broadcom-sta-common, broadcom-sta-source, and bcmwl-kernel-source, and installing b43-fwcutter (and firmware-b43-installer?) in their place? Any additional steps?
    Just a modprobe b43 (module wasn't loaded automatically after update) and card popped up as eth1 (eth0 being the wired nic) while before it was wlan0. I reconfigured wicd to use eth1 instead of wlan0 and it took over fine. Maybe not the same problem as you, but since this issue occurred after the same update, I thought it could be related.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123