Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

So I followed this tutorial yet my printer still is not showing up I have a HP Deskjet All-in-one F4280. I am not really sure what to say. It just isn't recognized even after manually installing the HPLIP. I am running Lucid. Anyone else been having this problem?

Beans

I would just like to say thank you for this thread. I have followed the instructions on the HP site and here, and have successfully managed to get my Deskjet F4500 series printer working perfectly!

Beans

I have installed Ubuntu Linux using WUBI on a second drive on my computer. I am trying to install an HP Laserjet 1300 printer. My computer is networked using a Linksys WRT54G router. The printer is plugged into a USB port of a Hawking HPS12U print server which is plugged into one port of the router. How do I get Ubuntu set up to print under these circumstances.

Thank you.

avinegar

Beans

Assuming you are trying to configure the printer using hp-setup and using HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and Printing). HPLIP does not support third party printer network sharing devices. HPLIP does support the HP Jetdirect however.

This is because devices other than Jetdirect do not let HPLIP communicate with the printer.

In most cases, this is because port 9100 is not open on the device.

A

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I have a HP Photosmart B8550 and the default don't give the correct controls. Because it isn't a normal printer (near professional quality dual tray printer that is prints a maximum of 13x19inch photos. It doesn't configure correctly.
    You can follow me at my blog.

Beans

Is anyone else having problems with HP LaserJets and Ubuntu 10.04?
    I have a HP LaserJet 3015 and am running a dual boot with Windows 7.

Printer is automatically detected and works fine on: Windows 7, Windows XP, LinuxMint, and older versions of Ubuntu.

But when I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, when I try to print it just adds the job to the print queue and it never prints. After awhile I get a message saying that Ubuntu is unable to communicate with my printer. (or something to that effect). I can't even print a test page.

I have tried installing HPLIP following the directions given, but get the same behavior (can't communicate with the printer). I have tried unplugging the power cord and usb cable and plugging them back in (as per the directions I am following). But still not communicating.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Beans
    Hidden!

Please send the response of the commands

cat /var/log/cups/error_log

Beans

still got a problem

i'm using hp deskjet d1663 inject printer with os ubuntu 10.4 but i still cant print. the printer is kind of auto detected (instead of ' hp deskjet d1663' there is 'hp deskjet d1600 series' but when i try to print there is nothing.even when i try to print a test page i see in the print status 'processing' but it still doesn't print

Beans

Re: still got a problem

Quote Originally Posted by yanivmomo View Post
    i'm using hp deskjet d1663 inject printer with os ubuntu 10.4 but i still cant print. the printer is kind of auto detected (instead of ' hp deskjet d1663' there is 'hp deskjet d1600 series' but when i try to print there is nothing.even when i try to print a test page i see in the print status 'processing' but it still doesn't print
    Same here with an HP PhotoSmart C3180. I downloaded the HPLIP and installed the printer (using the driver for HP 3100 series) but I get no response when I try to print (even the test page).
    Can anyone help please?

Beans
    Hidden!

Printing using a SMC7004ABR router & HP deskjet932C printer

Printing using a SMC7004ABR router & HP deskjet932C colour printer (connected to the routers parallel port)

To add deskjet 932C via SMC router using ubuntu 10.04 LTS

-system/administration/printing
    - add
    - network printer
    - host = 192.168.2.1 (the router's IP address)
    continue
    - results will be --- host = 192.168.2.1, Queue = LPT1
    continue
    - highlight = HP & deskjet 932C
    - chose recommended driver ie HP deskjet 932c hpijs,3.10.2(en)(recommended)
    - installation concluded

you can now print in colour.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast