Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 182

Thread: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    72
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    Quote Originally Posted by kalosaurusrex View Post
    Sorry..

    try:

    sudo chmod 777 <directory.name.here>

    sorry, I realized that right after posting haha, I'm still not used to using a terminal

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Beans
    537
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    Quote Originally Posted by kalosaurusrex View Post
    No worries.

    Thanks for using Ubuntu and HPLIP!

    A
    so you're the lead developer on the hplip project?

    I think that you should have control over this thread, since you obviously know more than me. (after all this was meant as a simple tutorial for beginners, and that's what i was and (still am now) when i made this guide)

    maybe we can talk to a mod about switching owners of this thread (unless of course you dont want to, thats cool too)

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Barberton, OH
    Beans
    1,206
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    sudo hp-setup says the command is not found. I am running Dapper. Does that make a difference? I didn't remove my printer yet as suggested, because if running Dapper changes these instructions, I don't want to ruin a printer which seems to be working okay otherwise.

    What is the difference between delete printer and unpublish printer at localhost?

    Thanks.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Beans
    537
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntuman001 View Post
    so you're the lead developer on the hplip project?

    I think that you should have control over this thread, since you obviously know more than me. (after all this was meant as a simple tutorial for beginners, and that's what i was and (still am now) when i made this guide)

    maybe we can talk to a mod about switching owners of this thread (unless of course you dont want to, thats cool too)
    I'm not the lead, but I am the primary support person. I work with the engineers that develop the tools.

    I'd be honored, but it's really up to you. You did make the how to--I'm just trying to help out.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Beans
    537
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    Quote Originally Posted by steven8 View Post
    sudo hp-setup says the command is not found. I am running Dapper. Does that make a difference? I didn't remove my printer yet as suggested, because if running Dapper changes these instructions, I don't want to ruin a printer which seems to be working okay otherwise.

    What is the difference between delete printer and unpublish printer at localhost?

    Thanks.

    Sounds like you are using an older version of hplip. You may want to install the latest from: http://hplip.sf.net

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    Quote Originally Posted by kalosaurusrex View Post
    I'm not the lead, but I am the primary support person. I work with the engineers that develop the tools.

    I'd be honored, but it's really up to you. You did make the how to--I'm just trying to help out.
    hmmm, i think I'll talk to a mod soon. you obviously deserve to be the OP, because half of the questions you answer, i have no answer to! yea i made a how-to, but that doesnt mean im proficient with it

    well i'll talk to the mods, and see what they can do, and then i'll forward those PM's to you.

    thanks for your support in the hplip project

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Barberton, OH
    Beans
    1,206
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    Quote Originally Posted by kalosaurusrex View Post
    Sounds like you are using an older version of hplip. You may want to install the latest from: http://hplip.sf.net
    That got it! I was using version 0.9.7!!

    Thanks!!

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    2,341

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    hey, kalosaurusrex, did you ever receive my private message? i sent it to you a while ago, please check it. by the way, you can enable the option so that PM's become pop-ups when you sign in to the forums, its in preferences in your control panel i think.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Beans
    537
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

    ubuntuman001: Sorry, we're right in the middle of a release so I haven't had a chance to take a look at my PM's. I'll check it out. I'll work on getting the topic switched over early next week.

    Sorry about the delay.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •