Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by kokoshmusun View Post
    Is it possible to install HP drivers in a Windows XP virtual machine running inside Ubuntu and to use the printer that way?
    Of course that's possible.
    Running Windows XP inside a virtual machine has no relationship to each other in terms of installing drivers. Inside a virtual machine you install a stand alone Windows XP with all its features. To use devices under Windows XP you have to install the proper driver for it to ensure the proper use of that device under Windows XP.

In fact, you're running XP not Ubuntu when you're using XP inside a virtual machine.

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Install HP Printers for Beginners

I am brand new to Ubuntu. I am trying to get my HP PSC 500 to scan. I got it to print but I cannot access the scan function (I get an error message saying, "scanner not connected").

For the record, the reason I am on Ubuntu is that my Dell Dimension E510 computer's operating system crashed (blue screen of death) while I was trying to connect the printer to the computer using a USB 2.0 to parallel printer cable I had just purchased. A friend told me about Ubuntu, so here I am.

Furthermore, I wonder if anyone knows how I might possible get back to the other operating system to fix the BSOD problem,

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by rachelstevens View Post
    HP LaserJet 1022 on Windows Vista installed and it worked fine for a year. From next (USB) connection to my laptop with Windows Vista does not recognize the printer. There was no way the driver to remove it, or I would just the HP folder in Program Files.
    And what does this has to do with Ubuntu? You're talking Windows now...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by gmason View Post
    I am brand new to Ubuntu. I am trying to get my HP PSC 500 to scan. I got it to print but I cannot access the scan function (I get an error message saying, "scanner not connected").

For the record, the reason I am on Ubuntu is that my Dell Dimension E510 computer's operating system crashed (blue screen of death) while I was trying to connect the printer to the computer using a USB 2.0 to parallel printer cable I had just purchased. A friend told me about Ubuntu, so here I am.

Furthermore, I wonder if anyone knows how I might possible get back to the other operating system to fix the BSOD problem,

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    There's a short how-to on my site for a HP b110a printer. The best part is, it can also be used for other models of HP printers. Try that and see if that helped you

Beans

HPLIP Plugin issue

I have problem with my HP Laserjet 1018. The printer get detected automatically. when i turn it on a HP Device Manager window pops up for plugin installation. I checked the recommended installation option and click next but few moment later a window pops up with massage "network connection not detected" I checked internet connection its ok. I think the website from where the plugin will be downloaded is offline.

I tried the advance option " install an existing local copy of plugin file". I browsed the plugin file and selected it but the next button in the window get disabled and I can not install the plugin. I can not use my printer without that hplip plugin.

I am new about ubuntu. please someone help me to get install the plugin. I have attached some screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot001.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	184928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot002.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	184930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot003.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	184931  

Beans

Bought a HP photosmart C4780. Ubuntu does automatically recognize it and I can print, but the printer has wireless capabilities but cannot hook it up because the disk they sent with it doesnt work for ubuntu.
    Any help would be awesome!
    Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by imasynper View Post
    Bought a HP photosmart C4780. Ubuntu does automatically recognize it and I can print, but the printer has wireless capabilities but cannot hook it up because the disk they sent with it doesnt work for ubuntu.
    Any help would be awesome!
    Thanks
    perhaps this thread can help: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1314886

hey,
    my printer is an hp deskjet 5500 series and when i print it does that noise, which usually means its printing but nothing appears on the paper!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

How do I use HPLIP ???

HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP and Ubuntu 11.10 HPLIP-3.11.7-1ubuntu3

I have been down this road before, and now I would like to know what is going on. I went to HP's support site and entered my information and got a reply that Ubuntu has HPLIP built in and that I should really use it. They were right, my installed programs include HPLIP-3.11.7, wherever it is. While I was looking around, I installed HPToolBox. When in HPTOOLBOX I thought Install "PLUG IN" would be just the thing. Nope. I went with the default to download but it came back with "ERROR: Plug-in file does not match its digital signature. ... Error code 2". The other choice is to navigate to the HPLIP file. I do not know where it is or how to find it or what to do with it when I get there. Will the ToolBox handle it, or will I have to run it? install it? Pray to the printer gods? Why does Ubuntu get all its ducks in a row and not take the final step to make it work, or at least tell the user what he needs to do? Is it a secret? Please tell me how to use the tools HP and Ubuntu have provided, or tell me they are worthless.

Beans

I can't get my printer to install on network

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast