I had some problem configuring a Canon irc3580i printer on Ubuntu 11.04.
Here is the procedure that worked for me, if this can help somebody.
1. I downloaded the UFR II drivers v2.20 from Canon site and unpacked the files
2. As only RPM files was present for the 64-bits, I converted them:
4. As it seems that part of the drivers are still in 32-bits, I installed the adhoc libraries:
dpkg -i cndrvcups-common_2.20-1_amd64.deb
dpkg -i cndrvcups-ufr2-uk_2.20-1_amd64.deb
5. Add the printer, e.g. through the control center -> printers
apt-get install ia32-libs
6. Then I used the Canon apps to configure the printer:
sudo cngplp (to configure the properties)
sudo cnjatool -e [Printer Name] (to enable job accounting)
cnjatool -p [Printer Name] (to set the params for job accounting)