Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compiz and tabs?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Compiz and tabs?

Install gnome-session-fallback, log out, and select it from the menu when you log in to get the Gnome Panel back. = ) It's a little different, particularly in modifying its settings, many of which are accessed on Alt+Right Click.

Beans

gnome-session-fallback would give me some sort of Ubuntu Classic, or am I wrong? In that case it's a dead end anyway, as one may suspect that option to disappear in the near future. Can as well move to a completely different solution straight away then, e.g. XFCE. If someone has a different solution to this, I would love to hear it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Yes, it's similar to the Gnome 2 desktop, but written against the GTK3 libraries and with some tweaks and enhancements. It's Gnome's fallback interface for the near future, and it's very unlikely to disappear, honestly, in the entire Gnome 3 cycle. It's certainly not just going to disappear one day in your 11.10 install. = )

There are a number of alternatives, though. Hell, you could just use a Gnome session with xfce4-panel, if that's what you're going for. = )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12