Thread: Good Monitoring/System statistics software

Beans

Good Monitoring/System statistics software

Hey all,

I've done a bunch of googling but have come go no good consensus on a popular and free system monitoring tool. I'd like to be able to access it via the web -- that's probably my biggest requirement. This is for personal use.

I'd like to monitor things such as CPU temp, fan speeds, CPU usage. I'm not really concerned with network usage or really process usage.

Any good ones out there?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Good Monitoring/System statistics software

I suggest conky. Btw its kind of hard 2 set up n get it workin wid gud themes.... Try googling 4 it...

Beans

Take a look at Icinga or Nagios. I don't know whether they are overkill for your needs, but I know Icinga has a web interface.

Beans

Nagios seemed like overkill when I looked at it. I'll checkout conky again -- I had previously looked at it, briefly. I'll check out Icinga too. Thanks.

Beans

I'm using Ganglia for my servers, I liked that I could hook up Windows hosts to it very easily. But I had to install the latest version of Ganglia for this to work. (3.2). To get windows hosts to report data I used the sflow client, which shoots UDP packets to the host server every few seconds. http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net/

Windows hosts don't report everything as in detail like the linux ones but it seems to work ok for the basic stuff.
    Last edited by Entilza; September 19th, 2011 at 08:41 PM.