Thread: Re: reboot crash for ubutu 11.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exclamation Re: reboot crash for ubutu 11.04

Hello, I have the same problem...
    I've added my DV6 to the incompatible laptop list...

My suspicion, confirmed by someone else's suspicion, is that it's the graphics cards that are causing the problem - see:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1786836

However, I don't know how to confirm this, and I don't have a solution...except to use Windows 7 for now.

A

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: reboot crash for ubutu 11.04

@walding, I have moved you post out into its own thread. Please do not hijack other people's threads. It makes giving support help confusing in the one thread. Thank you

You may wish to post again to give a complete account of the problem you have encountered.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I didn't see it as "hijacking" (with such negative, emotive implications), but as joining in a thread that highlighted the same problem. This was a result of searching for the problem first.
    So I'm confused - should I search and join in with a thread that has the same problem, or start a new thread?
    Seems to make no sense to have multiple threads all trying to solve problems with the DV6 series. Your call as to what you think is best.

Quote Originally Posted by walding View Post
    I didn't see it as "hijacking" (with such negative, emotive implications), but as joining in a thread that highlighted the same problem. This was a result of searching for the problem first.
    So I'm confused - should I search and join in with a thread that has the same problem, or start a new thread?
    Seems to make no sense to have multiple threads all trying to solve problems with the DV6 series. Your call as to what you think is best.
    Hi,

Typically even though two or more users might be suffering similar symptoms it doesn't mean that they have similar issues and the solutions may turn out completely different.

So for the sake of not confusing anybody trying to use a thread in the future it is typically best to start your own thread with your specific issue so that your problem can be addressed. Searching for relevant threads is the first and best thing to do because you may discover that a solution to your problem already exists and that you don't even need to make a post. If not then you are more than welcome to link to posts of things you have tried in your new thread to make it easier for people trying to assist to narrow down the issue,

I hope this makes it a bit more clear, and seeing as you already have another thread on this issue open (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1846245), I am closing this thread.

Regards

Come shoot the breeze with us on the Ubuntu Forums IRC channel - #ubuntuforums