Thread: panp5 replacement battery

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

panp5 replacement battery

I have a panp5 that is still running strong, with the exception of the battery. Because the battery life was so short to start out, I left it plugged in most of the time. Now the battery is so shot it dies almost as soon as I unplug the computer.

I see on the sys76 website that a replacement battery is $95. Are there cheaper sources for replacement batteries, or am I best off going through sys76? I had a good experience buying a much cheaper power cord from another source, so I thought I'd ask the same about batteries.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: panp5 replacement battery

We don't do any testing with 3rd-party batteries, so I honestly couldn't tell you. I can say that the hardest part will be finding a battery that fits in your system; if you can do that, then batteries are all pretty much equal-ish, and you should be fine, particularly if you usually don't use the battery often anyway.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by japhyr View Post
    I have a panp5 that is still running strong, with the exception of the battery. Because the battery life was so short to start out, I left it plugged in most of the time. Now the battery is so shot it dies almost as soon as I unplug the computer.

I see on the sys76 website that a replacement battery is $95. Are there cheaper sources for replacement batteries, or am I best off going through sys76? I had a good experience buying a much cheaper power cord from another source, so I thought I'd ask the same about batteries.
    Where is that on the website? I looked and I can't find it. I have a Panp4 that has a battery that is basically shot - the computer turns off as soon as the power is unplugged - which sometimes happens accidentally.

What's the replacement cost? The laptop is otherwise still working great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ResumeMan View Post
    Where is that on the website? I looked and I can't find it. I have a Panp4 that has a battery that is basically shot - the computer turns off as soon as the power is unplugged - which sometimes happens accidentally.

What's the replacement cost? The laptop is otherwise still working great.
    You'll want to log in to our website, then from the "My Account" page, click on the order accessories button for your Pangolin.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!