Thread: Duplicates created in Banshee

Beans

Red face Duplicates created in Banshee

I dont know if this is the right place for this but...here goes.
    I made a mistake I think when I imported my music into banshee I went into pref. and selected copy media files when importing and now my music library is 13.3 gigs.
    Whats annoying is I just switched to ubuntu and I have an 80gb drive specifically for media documents etc and when I switched I managed to duplicate it all...going through 13GB is kind of a hassle is there a way to make a playlist or something in terminal I can do to remove the duplicates?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Duplicates created in Banshee

I don't think there is a way to automatically remove them from within Banshee. How are the duplicate files named (i.e. songname.new.ogg)? You could simply do a search for *.new.ogg and then delete all the results. That's what I would do.
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!

Beans

Re: Duplicates created in Banshee

Sorry its taken me so long to respond, though im sure its no big deal lol.
    Anyways the songs are all just regular mp3 format. Banshee created multiples of every song in the same folders that they originated from. I was hoping for an easier way than manually having to delete each individual song, but im pretty certain that im going to have to suffer for my foolish mistake and just be really careful when I start changing settings on stuff lol.