Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Internet Sharing for Voip Phone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Internet Sharing for Voip Phone

@jonobr
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about at this point. The whole thing is what I posted, from when I clicked (or had someone else click) the register button to when it said failed. I only said changing it to 9999 to say I didn't run out of room this time, so it's the whole trace.

Thanks!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the Unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you. Is that a bargain?" --Alice in Wonderland

If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The last trace you gave was good but I only see one successful registration from sipgate .com wshich gets a 200ok, there rest are all method not support messages,
    The hex is also truncated beyond a certain point where I cant see the codec your using,

Can you try and get the same kind of trace, but go for the -w switch gain and send the resulting file

tcpdump -w trace.pcap -i any -s 1600

Leave it run for a short while, maybe restart the phone if you can
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

ready for incoming?

Code:
    134040 packets captured
    135521 packets received by filter
    49 packets dropped by kernel
    left it on for a while....
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the Unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you. Is that a bargain?" --Alice in Wonderland

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

sweet, if you gzip it , it should compress nicely

or if you can send as is that would be ok to.
    Ill have a look and see whats what

Could you tell me the phone model
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Okay, tell me when you get it, so I can kill the link off:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/_srhiT7r/trace.html

I have the Nortel 1535 (it is a cheap video phone.)

The file isn't zipped....sorry, 85megs

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That really shows a lot , Thanks for sending.

this is doing something very weird,
    Heres what I see

.194 seems to be your sip proxy (freepbx).

It sends an occasional message out to clients asking what the endpoints are capable of this is the 'options' messages - arrowed in the trace....

Your clients give a 200ok with capabilities
    There seems to be a Linksys in there as well as a outside address of 68.225.x.x (a Nortel 1535)

There is also a registration from sipgate.com which works fine, im guessing this is your external voip carrier. This is all good

The one thing that seems kind of odd is this constant message from IP address 191 ( is this the ip address of the device causing issues?)

This is also a nortel 1535 , im guessing your freepbx software doesnt support this message, see attached graphic circles

The method sent is ping ....
    Ive worked with sip a lot and never seen this method before , it may be specifc to nortel and their specifc pbx setup.

I figure freepbx doesnt know this method and doesnt know what to do, see the returned message each time.
    it shows the same.

Im going to research this method and phone a bit more...

Lastly, you may look at the pbx and see if there is an option to allow anonymous call in , may be good to toggle that to see if that helps anything as I say a few anonymous@ip come in on the trace
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by jonobr View Post
    That really shows a lot , Thanks for sending.

this is doing something very weird,
    Heres what I see

.194 seems to be your sip proxy (freepbx).
    This is correct. I am using freepbx on asterisk. Nerd Vittles Incredible PBX, actually it is 1.4. Had it for a while.
    It sends an occasional message out to clients asking what the endpoints are capable of this is the 'options' messages - arrowed in the trace....

Your clients give a 200ok with capabilities
    There seems to be a Linksys in there as well as a outside address of 68.225.x.x (a Nortel 1535)
    This is a correct thing. That is one of my friends, who has a phone that pulls off my system. I had forgotten about that.
    There is also a registration from sipgate.com which works fine, im guessing this is your external voip carrier. This is all good

The one thing that seems kind of odd is this constant message from IP address 191 ( is this the ip address of the device causing issues?)
    This is the machine that should be giving the nortel internet (which it is) and allowing it to be a phone.
    This is also a nortel 1535 , im guessing your freepbx software doesnt support this message, see attached graphic circles

The method sent is ping ....
    Ive worked with sip a lot and never seen this method before , it may be specifc to nortel and their specifc pbx setup.

I figure freepbx doesnt know this method and doesnt know what to do, see the returned message each time.
    it shows the same.
    Remember this phone DID work before, and does plugged straight in, without changes.

It appears that the machine does not allow pings response. I am going to figure out why that is and make it work. Maybe I should turn off the firewall and see what happens:

Code:
    root@DD-WRT:~# ping 192.168.1.194
    PING 192.168.1.194 (192.168.1.194): 56 data bytes
    ^C
    --- 192.168.1.194 ping statistics ---
    49 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
    Im going to research this method and phone a bit more...

Lastly, you may look at the pbx and see if there is an option to allow anonymous call in , may be good to toggle that to see if that helps anything as I say a few anonymous@ip come in on the trace
    I can turn on anonymous calls. I remember that being a horrible thing to have on for long, but I can try it if you think it might help.

Thanks for looking so hard!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey

Just did a bit of light reading Here

Its a boring day when you dont learn something knew.

To me register method seems to be the best way to know if something is alive or not.

This is new to me using ping.

Remember though this is not regular ping , but a ping built within a SIP message, I figure its pinging the sip server not only ensuring the server is alive but also the sip application.
    I.e. you can ping the box but pbx is not running not running on the box.

Given, as you mention, this worked and nothing changed on the pbx, I can only guess something happened on the phone that defaulted or changed in some way.
    Can you look at the phone options and disable this, as I am thinking the phone figure the asterisk box is dead

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Well it will respond to pings with iptables off so I'm going to see if it registers then.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It is still not registering, even with the ability to accept pings on. And it still gives that 501 error.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast