Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

Beans

Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jtarin View Post
    Maybe try "sudo lxkeymap".
    Why? lxkeymap is a program which should be available to any user with the right to access lubuntu, isn't it? Anyway, i did and the result is the same as above.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Farinet View Post
    Why? lxkeymap is a program which should be available to any user with the right to access lubuntu, isn't it? Anyway, i did and the result is the same as above.
    If I remember correctly, it is a known bug, reported via launchpad. It was discovered during the beta testing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Farinet View Post
    Why?? Because "lxkeymap" alone did not work and I have no idea from your post above, who is the owner....that's why.
    EasyBCD.
    PrintersDatabase
    Boot Info Script: How to
    The post above and the post below suffer from the Rashomon effect!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

What is the SMALLEST size of RAM do you have?

I couldn't find a website to create free polls that I can publish here or on any other Lubuntu Page on Facebook, etc. Having that said, I have to use "Questions" on Facebook until I manage to find a better alternative.

Kindly VOTE for this NEW Poll here.

I was about to start a new thread on Ubuntu Forum OR LXDE Forum but this *MUST* be Lubuntu specific because I need an accurate Data and votes from *Lubuntu Users Exclusively*.
    As explained here, Polls, IMHO, is important for Lubuntu's Success since we don't have any database and numbers of this kind/type.

If you don't have a facebook account, maybe it's time to create one and NO, I'm not asking or forcing anyone to do so, it's just a recommendation
    You can use any name (fake name) and you don't have to mention a real information about you. I use Facebook for Lubuntu and other stuff like gaming

Thanks, as always

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

After much discussion, thread closed.

The forums staff appreciates the dedication and hard work amjjawad has put into the Lubuntu One Stop Thread and recognizes that this thread is an invaluable resource to the Lubuntu community.

However, we now have a thread that has over 500 posts with nuggets of information scattered about it that are impossible to find, and thus does not meet up to forums standards for tutorials

As per this thread, we would like to see the information on this thread relocated to the wiki. The advantages of the wiki are that it is Community maintained, peer reviewed, easier to maintain, and easier to find information as compared to a 500 + thread on the forums.

We have staff available to help with convert the information to the wiki, we have asked amjjawad for assistance, and we are also asking the lubuntu community to participate. The wiki is community maintained.

bodhi.zazen has been working on a script to help convert forums posts -> wiki syntax. [link to script on wiki].

nothingspecial has volunteered from the forums staff to assist the lubuntu community.

See also : Lubuntu Documentation Team
    Last edited by bodhi.zazen; May 14th, 2012 at 11:51 PM.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

This thread is closed.

The information is now held on the community wiki at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LubuntuLinks

Thank you for your thread and the work you have done in keeping it current and of use to the community.

A thread for discussion of the wiki can be found at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...0#post12062200

Support threads regarding the wiki and it's content should be created in a suitable forum.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152