Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 516

Thread: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lubuntu One Stop Group
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Herpythebrony View Post
    Kinda learned that the hard way, tis fine cause I backed up all my important files on my external Hard Drive.
    Sorry about That, but I,m glad that you did a back up.
    Just put this under learning experiences

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Has anyone got X2go server to work on Lubuntu? I have tried it with versions 11.10 and 12.04 - 11.10 gets me a connection but the "new session" window is just a black screen, 12.04 release starts the "new session" screen but then quits after a few seconds. It works fine when using plain
    LXDE on Debian Squeeze. Top shows 3 zombie processes whenever x2goserver is installed.

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    apt-get
    Beans
    4,263
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Wubi

    Where is Wubi? there you go:


    That was an intentional change, please read:

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ch/034970.html

    And the bug report requesting the change:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/wubi/+bug/975251

    And the first answer here:

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/12501...-by-using-wubi

    So Wubi is still available, you simply must just download the wubi.exe (aka: Windows installer) separately:

    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

    Finally, you can see that here too:

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePango...t-Installation
    Last edited by amjjawad; April 27th, 2012 at 10:50 PM.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    1,185
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Hi, this is a question about Lubuntu 12.04 and LTS. Basically I don't undesrtand who maintains what. So:

    I'm wondering if it would make a difference REGARDING LTS SUPPORT,

    1) to install from the Lubuntu cd

    2) to install a cli system from an alternate Ubuntu CD (regular ubuntu), then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop
    3) Or alternatively, from the cli system, installing only the basic desktop, for example
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lxde lubuntu-artwork-12-04 lubuntu-artwork lubuntu-default-settings lubuntu-icon-theme
    and then firefox, evolution, and some other programs I use.

    Anyone knows?
    What's even more important than free software? - OPEN FORMATS.

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    1,185
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cogitator View Post
    I upgraded to Lubuntu 12.04, everything seems okay until now, except that I can not set the backlight of my (laptop's) monitor screen (for example, "xbacklight -set 50" does not make any effect, nor using the FN+F6 or FN+F7 keys does something). In 11.10 it was okay, but now (in 12.04) is not. [My eyes hearts...!] I'll aprecciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
    please try
    Code:
    xrandr --output LVDS1 --brightness 0.5
    if you like the result, you can put this in a upstart script, so that you don't have to type that at every boot.
    What's even more important than free software? - OPEN FORMATS.

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    /dev/root
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Cheloven View Post
    Hi, this is a question about Lubuntu 12.04 and LTS. Basically I don't undesrtand who maintains what. So:

    I'm wondering if it would make a difference REGARDING LTS SUPPORT,

    1) to install from the Lubuntu cd

    2) to install a cli system from an alternate Ubuntu CD (regular ubuntu), then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop
    3) Or alternatively, from the cli system, installing only the basic desktop, for example
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lxde lubuntu-artwork-12-04 lubuntu-artwork lubuntu-default-settings lubuntu-icon-theme
    and then firefox, evolution, and some other programs I use.

    Anyone knows?
    I think there is no [easy] way to get Lubuntu LTS. Only the packages that are included in LTS flavours will get LTS support, not packages you add, if they have no such support. So I don't think LXDE or lubuntu-desktop will get any LTS support.

    Have a look at the following thread
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1954702

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    1,185
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    I think there is no [easy] way to get Lubuntu LTS. Only the packages that are included in LTS flavours will get LTS support, not packages you add, if they have no such support. So I don't think LXDE or lubuntu-desktop will get any LTS support.

    Have a look at the following thread
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1954702
    Thanks for the link. Very instructive. I can now stop wandering around
    What's even more important than free software? - OPEN FORMATS.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    46
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Would somebody have a look at his:

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/12779...hromium#127795

    I installed Iron browser and wanted to uninstall Chromium but Lubuntu won't let me

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lubuntu One Stop Group
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by H3R3T1K View Post
    Would somebody have a look at his:

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/12779...hromium#127795

    I installed Iron browser and wanted to uninstall Chromium but Lubuntu won't let me
    Hi, for me for some reason I can never UN-install chromium through the terminal, but I can through the synaptic manager. Don't know why.
    borunco

  10. #490
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    12
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Borunco View Post
    Hi, for me for some reason I can never UN-install chromium through the terminal, but I can through the synaptic manager. Don't know why.
    borunco
    Also works via the Lubuntu Software Center under Installed Software.

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •