Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Thor hath smitten Mythtv

Beans

Re: Mighty Thor hath smitten Mythtv

Go ahead and report the bug. Just exactly who are you reporting it to? Everyone seems to have their own version of libdvdnav/libdvdread or patches to a known release. The MPlayer guys haven't released an update in three years.

jim

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sixtyfive View Post
    They have added two hidden files in the VIDEO_TS directory. One of these files has the unicode name "\001v\001i\001d\001e\001o\001_\001t\001s\001.\001 i\001f\001o", or "video_ts.ifo" except with a binary "1" (instead of "0") as the MSB of each unicode character.

libdvdnav processes unicode by (incorrectly) stripping off the MSB, leaving "video_ts.ifo". This causes problems because there are two versions of "VIDEO_TS.IFO" and the second hidden/unicode one points to bogus data. Unfortunately libdvdnav uses the second one and since it has the wrong signature you get the error message.

I replaced the function Unicodedecode() in dvd_udf.c from the libdvdnav/libdvdread library in HandBrake and it seems to fix it. Still having problems playing back with "xine". They also seem to be doing something interesting with the VM commands.

jim

static int
    Unicodedecode(uint8_t *data, int len, char *target)
    {
    len--;
    data++;
    if (data[-1] == 8 )
    memcpy(target, data, len);
    else if (data[-1] == 16) {
    int i;

for (i = 0; i < len; i++) {
    if (data[i*2] == 0)
    target[i] = data[i*2+1];
    else
    target[i] = 0;
    }
    }
    target[len] = '\0';

return 0;
    }
    Well done!

A lot of folks in the Linux community owe you one!

Many thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Jim,
    I'm filing a bug with both Debian and Ubuntu, and it should flow from there ever where else.

Not sure why these packages have been abandoned.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ad/+bug/852345
    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=641881
    Last edited by rickyrockrat; September 17th, 2011 at 05:18 AM.

Beans

Do you have to recompile the library? Not super up on these types of mods..

Thanks
    Rick

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Yes, but it's simple.
    download that tarball, and the patch then
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    tar -xjf libdvdread-4.1.3.tar.bz2
    cd libdvdread-4.1.3
    patch -p1 <libdvdread-4.1.3.MSB-fix.patch.txt
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Big thanks for the patch, which solves the issue. Once again, open source triumphs over corporate greed. BTW, I'm watching Thor on DVD from Netflix, so am paying (indirectly) to be screwed with by the studios.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks from here too.

The HandBrake project folks are very receptive of such things..
    That project is easily the most DVD capable of any Linux program.

The HandBrake nightly updates could have this included in a few days..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BicyclerBoy View Post
    Thanks from here too.

The HandBrake project folks are very receptive of such things..
    That project is easily the most DVD capable of any Linux program.

The HandBrake nightly updates could have this included in a few days..

Have you submitted it to them?

How thoroughly has the patch been tested?

Beans

Ok so...from a typical Ubuntu users viewpoint..where are we on this cause I got to tell you I OWN 4 COPYS OF THIS DISK (because I own a video store) and all my machines are Ubuntu Linux so I cant watch it! Report a bug? Tell me where to report it if that will get this moving. I use this OS because its reliable. The OSC needs this not only reported...but out and working in record time. If you get this out your the shining star for all the distros to watch.. Paramount and anyone else that does this sort of thing needs to understand that breaking legit purchases will not be tolerated and that their RND costs for this sort of thing are a total waist of time for them and us. Lets get this patch applied and pushed to LTS and beyond. We need this in a package not a patch to source. Lets send a message to these people that they are straight up just wasting money and time with this sort of crap. Start making good movies and stop wasting time on this sort of thing. I have several ubuntu boxes and a couple of virtual enviroments to test things in..tell me what version to install and send me a package..ill test whatever you got.
    Last edited by shawnggraham; September 19th, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shawnggraham View Post
    Ok so...from a typical Ubuntu users viewpoint..where are we on this cause I got to tell you I OWN 4 COPYS OF THIS DISK (because I own a video store) and all my machines are Ubuntu Linux so I cant watch it! Report a bug? Tell me where to report it if that will get this moving. I use this OS because its reliable. The OSC needs this not only reported...but out and working in record time. If you get this out your the shining star for all the distros to watch.. Paramount and anyone else that does this sort of thing needs to understand that breaking legit purchases will not be tolerated and that their RND costs for this sort of thing are a total waist of time for them and us. Lets get this patch applied and pushed to LTS and beyond. We need this in a package not a patch to source. Lets send a message to these people that they are straight up just wasting money and time with this sort of crap. Start making good movies and stop wasting time on this sort of thing. I have several ubuntu boxes and a couple of virtual enviroments to test things in..tell me what version to install and send me a package..ill test whatever you got.
    Although I agree with your sentiments about the short sightedness of Paramount's philosophy and business methods, your post reads a little like the rant of someone who likes to use a free$ and reliable operating system but who is not prepared to give anything back.

If you are just wanting to get your own systems fixed then follow the instructions already given, they are simple enough.

If you want to contribute and be part of the community, then:

1. learn how to create a ppa; and

2. learn how to put a patched version of an existing package on there;

3. profit. (not actually, that's part of the ethos )

Frankly though this will just encourage linuxistas to download a file and use that. There are versions up to 1080p out there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast