Thread: How is this trolling?

Beans
    Hidden!

How is this trolling?

I don't really care about infractions and whether or not I get banned from the forum. I just fail to see how this post can get classified as trolling. I mean, there is a subset of forums where talking about oneself is considered normal, like medical forums and whatnot, but opening a thread to write about oneself on a "technical" forum is kinda a breach of netiquette. Plus, it's not like I insulted KiwiNZ or tried to hurt his feelings, I just expressed my opinion.

Bottom line, put some brakes on your new mods.

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: How is this trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by el_koraco View Post
    I don't really care about infractions and whether or not I get banned from the forum. I just fail to see how this post can get classified as trolling. I mean, there is a subset of forums where talking about oneself is considered normal, like medical forums and whatnot, but opening a thread to write about oneself on a "technical" forum is kinda a breach of netiquette. Plus, it's not like I insulted KiwiNZ or tried to hurt his feelings, I just expressed my opinion.

Bottom line, put some brakes on your new mods.
    So long as there are no violations of the CoC staff are allowed to express personal opinions same as anyone else.

If you disagree with any post, staff or otherwise, please report the thread rather then posting in the thread.

I assume you will report threads in the future and thus will reverse the infraction as an act of good faith.

As it is, the thread in question is closed and that is probably for the best.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Hidden!

Sure, but I didn't troll, therefore I didn't breach the CoC, and didn't deserve the infraction. You can't just proclaim something to be trolling and have it be the truth, as nothingspecial did. The reason talking about oneself is not really cool on web forums is because stuff always gets personal that way, as the thread in question shows.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by el_koraco View Post
    Sure, but I didn't troll, therefore I didn't breach the CoC, and didn't deserve the infraction. You can't just proclaim something to be trolling and have it be the truth, as nothingspecial did. The reason talking about oneself is not really cool on web forums is because stuff always gets personal that way, as the thread in question shows.
    Staff are allow to have personal opinions and the staff in question did not violate the CoC.

You may not agree with that, in which case we are asking you to report the thread.

Posting in the thread, "you're a moderator and should know better" feeds the emotional flames, and was inappropriate. Some may call it trolling, some may say insulting to staff, either way it was wrong.

I reversed the infraction, and I am not going to start arguing semantics with you, so really there is nothing more to be done but ask you to please report the thread and allow staff to resolve the problem rather then taking matters into your own hands.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface