Thread: Wine and Virtual PC 2007

Beans

Wine and Virtual PC 2007

OK I have searched these threads and people give alternatives to Virtual PC, but My Teacher INSISTS we use microsoft virtual PC for our projects. I am having issues on my Windows machine with it not reckognizing the full processor size, in fact it is only reckognizing 10 and 11 mhz of a processor, which makes server 2008 run like a old snail. Sooo, my question is... Is there ANY way to run microsoft virtual pc 2007 using Wine?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wine and Virtual PC 2007

Hi,

Having looked at the WineHQ DB of applications I would probably say no:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=36219

Beans

yea I saw that but it said it was outdated so I wasnt sure if there was an update yet. thanks..
    if it wasnt for my teachers stubbornness I would be using a wine capable or ubuntu capable version. Ugh They Alwys choose something that makes me have to stick with windows for now.
    Last edited by cstambaugh; September 14th, 2011 at 01:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't think virtualisation works inside a compatibility layer. Ever.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    I don't think virtualisation works inside a compatibility layer. Ever.
    +1

Use virtual box, using VPC wont give you any difference than Vbox other than VBOX works much better.

it wont effect the VM and what it can do
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Thanks, If my teacher wouldnt take points off for it I would. He is a hard A** when it comes to following his instructions to the letter.
    Ok thanks, Ill just keep windows on the other cpu for now. Waiting for windows users to help with my issue but unlike this forum, they could care less!! You all are so helpful and so quick.... Love That on top of the awesome Ubuntu software!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    +1

Use virtual box, using VPC wont give you any difference than Vbox other than VBOX works much better.

it wont effect the VM and what it can do
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by cstambaugh View Post
    Thanks, If my teacher wouldnt take points off for it I would. He is a hard A** when it comes to following his instructions to the letter.
    Ok thanks, Ill just keep windows on the other cpu for now. Waiting for windows users to help with my issue but unlike this forum, they could care less!! You all are so helpful and so quick.... Love That on top of the awesome Ubuntu software!!!
    I've never using VirtualPC 2007 (nor intend to), so I can't help you there. I usually use either VMware or VBox even on Windows.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...