Thread: Wacom Tablet Malfunctions

Beans

Wacom Tablet Malfunctions

I have a 4 year old wacom tablet (Graphire4) that suddenly developed a problem in Ubuntu 10.04 a few months ago. Whenever I click something, the mouse pointer freezes until I move the stylus out of the active area and then back in. I checked with a new bamboo tablet, but it still has the same problem. It had never had this problem for the year I've been using it up to that point. I dual boot and I tested my tablet on windows 7, it worked fine. I tried instructions on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom and http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...09&postcount=1 but neither method worked for me. Can anyone help??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom Tablet Malfunctions

Hi amgoiree,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Let's first make sure that the tablet is on the Wacom X driver. What is the output of the following commands run in a terminal?
    Code:
    xinput list
    and
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    And are you using the Graphire4 or the Bamboo or both?

Beans

Woah! Actually I guess one of the two things I tried worked yesterday (I just needed one more booting) - it worked when I turned my computer on today!
    Thanks anyway though
    Also, how do I check if my thread has a response?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Good!

You can use the thread tools on the upper right to subscribe to the thread. That will get you a notification in your user control panel.

Beans

I've been using a Wacom Intuos 3 pen without any problems in CS3 and Lightroom2. Now, I can't seem to make the pen responsive at times (most of the time). I've uninstalled old Wacom drivers and installed the latest, repaired permissions, restarted the computer. As the pen seems to otherwise work fine, it must be an Adobe issue. Does anyone know a solution?
    Sarah

Watch TV Online
    watch online tv