Thread: Remote Controlled Info Screen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Remote Controlled Info Screen

hello,
    yes I'm new... I didn't found any near solution for the following problem which indicates a wrong search by myself - so maybe someone can redirect me.

Scenario:

debi-serv: lighweight debian server (no graphical user interface, not even a monitor)
    media-ubi: full powered ubuntu server with all sound, monitors and all media.

so now media-ubi is already remote starting via WAKEONLAN from debi-serv. fine!
    Next I need to show something at its screen - eg firefox running - which is remotely controlled - eg via ssh - from debi-serv.
    I think i need to login a user with desktop interaction but how?
    ssh -X could not help as the debi-serv cannot handle any window. so?

More-Info-than-you-need:
    debi-serv is the all time powered router which starts media-ubi already, controlling its mpd and raise the music to give me a pleasant wakeup every morning... this works fine (i even control the room-light via usb power switches)
    my desired next step is to save commands on debi-serv to let medi-ubi display me the current weather forecast and some news maybe... whatever, but the main point is to get a "x session"?? which has no user interaction BUT a display!

any help welcome
    thx for reading

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Remote Controlled Info Screen

ok, I will create a specific user on medi-ubi make him auto-login after some minutes and implement a startup script showing to my needs... not so fantastic but it'll work!