Thread: default sound and multimedia keys not working with OSS

Beans

default sound and multimedia keys not working with OSS

Hi All,
    I have installed the latest ubuntu from live ISO on my desktop. My sound card is Realtek HD audio with ALC 883 chipset. On the default pulse audio and using 4.1 speakers. I have checked with keeping volume level for all chanells including line-in high, however not got any success in getting sound output from line-in for my rear speakers.
    Due to which I removed Pulse audio ALSAMIXER and installed OSSv4.

OSS v4 is giving me a better performance and also with the help of my ossxmixer I am able to get sound output from rear speakers.

However, my system default sound and my multimedia keys of keyboard is still not working.

While checking for solutions I found that I need to install ossvol but when I downloaded it from sourceforge.net and extracted it, I was not able to run the file and was getting 'permission denied' error. I have tried with root prompt and sudo command as well.

Please help me in getting my system default sound and multimedia keys working, as they were working fine with Pulseaudio.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: default sound and multimedia keys not working with OSS

Could you just set them up as normal keyboard shortcuts to do what you want? And you might need to edit the owner of the file:
    Code:
    sudo chown [your username]:[your username] /path/to/ossvol/
    Also, the file might not be executable. The following code will make it executable:
    Code:
    sudo chmod +x /path/to/ossvol/
    Last edited by dniMretsaM; September 12th, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!

Beans

Re: default sound and multimedia keys not working with OSS

Sure!! thanx for the suggestion.. will check and revert..