Need systematic "slow network" troubleshooting
What is a systematic way to troubleshoot this problem:
1. Click Places | Connect To Server | Windows Share | Connect...
2. Locate a 5 GB file in the Windows Share
3. Copy the file to my hard drive
4. The file copyies at 1 MB/sec
5. The file should be copying at 100-1000 MB/sec
The ideal answer will involve steps like "run ethtool", "run top".
A non-ideal answer will involve steps like "reboot" and "did you try it on another computer" and "one time there was a bug, maybe you have that".
Tags for this Thread