Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pandigital 7" Android Tablet ($85)

Beans

Re: Pandigital 7" Android Tablet ($85)

i paid $200 for my galaxy player 5.0, it does everything the bigger tablets do. comes with market & Swype, it also plays flash like a champ. battery lasts super long. it's so simple just to double tap the screen to zoom i don't miss having a bigger screen, it's so much lighter, last time i picked up the kindle fire it felt like a brick in comparison.

Beans

I have an Acer Iconia Tab A500, and I personally like it. I've noticed in this thread people seem to be looking for a good <$350 tablet and the Iconia Tab A500 fits into that. There's also a version with Windows, but... well, Windows 7 wasn't entirely designed with touch screens in mind, while Android was, and while the Iconia Tab W500 has better specs (dual-core AMD C-50 vs dual-core nVIDIA Tegra 2, 32GB SSD vs 16GB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6250 vs unnamed nVIDIA GeForce, 2GB DDR3 RAM vs 1GB DDR2 RAM) it's much more expensive ($549 for the basic model, $619 for more advanced model vs $329 for the basic models and $349 for the advanced model) and, as said before, Android is more touch screen-friendly than Windows 7.
    No longer active here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    i paid $200 for my galaxy player 5.0
    That was actually the one I was considering, but instead bought a used Galaxy S android phone for $25. Plus, I already have a desktop, laptop, netbook and PSP. A tablet would be overkill at this point.

Beans

I'm happy with my new Galaxy Player 4.0. To me a tablet is pointless, because I can't carry it with me in my pocket, which means I will usually only have it with me at home where I have my desktop, or maybe if I'm travelling or at school or something, where it's just as easy to bring a laptop. I can have my Galaxy anywhere, and it does all the same things, just a smaller screen.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob60 View Post
    I'm happy with my new Galaxy Player 4.0. To me a tablet is pointless, because I can't carry it with me in my pocket, which means I will usually only have it with me at home where I have my desktop, or maybe if I'm travelling or at school or something, where it's just as easy to bring a laptop. I can have my Galaxy anywhere, and it does all the same things, just a smaller screen.
    exactly, i always have mine with me.
    how's the battery on the 4 inch model?
    i chose the 5 inch for the bigger battery as well as the screen.
    the only complaint was the browser, damn 4 tab limit annoyed the hell out of me. i use opera mobile in desktop mode with flash enabled & the normal speed tweaks, as well as the adblock.
    don't you just love the Swype keyboard?
    PS: "orientation control" is worth buying to lock the screen the way you want, instead of having the home in portrait, you can lock it in landscape. i just use forced portrait, landscape & auto rotate on mine but it can do all the positions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

My dad got this for christmas. He seems to like the lack of "feather touch" on the touchscreen. And all he really does with it is browse the web, so it works fine for him.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob60 View Post
    That's what I got my daughter for Christmas. She loves it.

I have a 7" tablet, which fits in the pocket of my blue jeans, or I carry it with my other stuff in my brief case when I'm working. For me, it's a perfect size.

Beans

I bought a new white 7" Pandigital Novel for $70 at Newegg a month ago. It is a good entry level product for android newbies. You can have some fun making it dance by hacking and modding it as described here: http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/38-p...et-discussion/.

I like this type of touchscreen and the wider format of the display (wider than the usual eReader). The ARM 800mhz CPU is somewhat slow which might annoy those who are caffeinated and/or of youthful vigor.

A fun toy and a good way to read free ePubs from Gutenberg Project.

It's good to read another positive review. I just picked up a SDHC card for mine. The Novel could be here as early as tomorrow.
    Last edited by coolbrook; December 30th, 2011 at 02:52 AM.
    Aspire One D257, 2GB DDR3-1333

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12