Thread: Best desktop environment for...

Beans

Re: Best desktop environment for...

LXDE, openbox with corky and awn icwm all lite weigh. xfce4 med-weigh

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaygerbil View Post
    I personally like LXDE right now for how light it is, but it lacks support for a lot of the eye candy stuff.

XFCE has more and is still a lot lighter than Unity, Linus and sneekylinux both prefer it ATM so it must have really good things going for it. I haven't used it in a while so IDK, I've just heard good things about it.

Or you can just go back to Gnome 2.3, just avoid Gnome 3 and Unity until these developers realize the horrible mistakes they're making.
    hey man .. yeah , you also have a point in your post . you said the right thing . But

actually developers giving us choice , many options .
    assume you have a system with very much high capability , high ram , good graphic card and everything , then what is the use of them if you;re not experience them while using your system ...

as in the same way if my system is a low configured one , with less ram and no graphics card then i cant move and my deserve of Ubuntu will not be dead .... that's why they are creating some Os which are light weight and comfort .

for high capable systems --> good graphical OS
    low capable systems --> light weight OS .

they are giving us choice ...
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

The only reason I say this is because of how unstable and buggy the two are honestly. If they worked like they were suppose to I'd be all for that.

Gnome and Ubuntu are the forefront of the Linux development yet what's out right now by them sure is bleeding edge and real pretty but it's real buggy too.

I wish they would understand that no matter how much awesome things you pack in a distro it doesn't matter if it's still a buggy distro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12