Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Gnome 3 vs Unity in terms of ram/cpu usage

Quote Originally Posted by #dude View Post
    Which one does better ?

Thank you.
    unity is just a shell on top of gnome 3, so when you use unity you also use gnome3 (starting from oneiric)

in case unity 3d is too heavy on resources for your hardware, there is also unity 2d which is very fast and much much lighter
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    unity is just a shell on top of gnome 3, so when you use unity you also use gnome3 (starting from oneiric)

in case unity 3d is too heavy on resources for your hardware, there is also unity 2d which is very fast and much much lighter
    oh my bad I fubared on that. unity vs gnome-shell oooooops. yeah, i might check out unity 2d, but I am kind of curious about gnome-shell.

Beans
    Hidden!

its matters with your system capability . if your system is a high capable one (i mean high configuration) then you can go , other wise you gonna face some performance problems .
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.