Thread: Make file error .error code 2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Make file error .error code 2.

Hello guys,
    I have a laptop called HP touchsmart tm2. It has a ati raedon graphics card in it,which i am looking to disable. For that i generally use this link,which works perfectly,but now m getting an error:-

Link used to disable fan :-
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...6&postcount=11

Errors i am getting:-
    akshay@linux ~ $ sudo apt-get install kernel-headers-$(uname -r)
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package kernel-headers-2.6.38-8-generic
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'kernel-headers-2.6.38-8-generic'

Kindly let me know how to fix this error,coz my laptop is a heating iron till i do that. Thinking of running a ironing service.. ...Thanks guys...
    Love how the world of Linux is so awesome, where one can just see how its done, its like peeking inside a civilization and seeing how they work in their day to day life, how they progress, how they evolve, how they communicate...!!!

Beans

Re: Make file error .error code 2.

No idea whether what you're doing will work or not, but this should get you past that error:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Make file error .error code 2.

@worzhy :- Thanks for the reply. Tried the command u said.it says,cant find regex and the kernel name. Even did apt-get update. That post is to turn off the graphics card,as i have 2 in my system,i want to turn off 1 of it. Kindly let me know if u know anything more. Thanks again...
    Love how the world of Linux is so awesome, where one can just see how its done, its like peeking inside a civilization and seeing how they work in their day to day life, how they progress, how they evolve, how they communicate...!!!