Thread: Ubuntu 11.04 as Virtualbox 4.0.12 guest Flash issues

Beans

Ubuntu 11.04 as Virtualbox 4.0.12 guest Flash issues

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit as the host and Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit as the guest on VirtualBox 4.0.12. Even in single monitor mode, if I use the Ubuntu guest VM to go to a website that uses flash video and run the video for a while, eventually, the entire system will lock up and I'll have to restart the VM. Anyone else have this issue? I can't figure out what is causing it.

*Additional note: I'm running the Gnome interface in traditional mode (so I can see the panels on the top and bottom of the gnome desktop).

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 as Virtualbox 4.0.12 guest Flash issues

Quote Originally Posted by josiah14 View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 64 bit as the host and Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit as the guest on VirtualBox 4.0.12. Even in single monitor mode, if I use the Ubuntu guest VM to go to a website that uses flash video and run the video for a while, eventually, the entire system will lock up and I'll have to restart the VM. Anyone else have this issue? I can't figure out what is causing it.

*Additional note: I'm running the Gnome interface in traditional mode (so I can see the panels on the top and bottom of the gnome desktop).

use Flash-Aid for firefox, will download the best version for your system and can use across browsers.

also you are using a old version of virtuial box.

also remember that graphics is virtualised in a VM, and also make sure you are using the vboxadditions and extension pack
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 as Virtualbox 4.0.12 guest Flash issues

Quote Originally Posted by himanshu singh View Post
    thanks for ur suggetion i too am suffering from same prob and i used flash aid but it didnt help...

http://www.howtoflash.com/

Do you have vboxaddtions installed, which helps with graphics ?
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013