Thread: Can't play these videos

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Can't play these videos

HI,

I can't play some video's, it says my VGA Is not compatible , but i can play same videos on windows with this graphic cards,

Is there any way to solve this matter ? and my ubuntu version is 10.10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by howefield; September 8th, 2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: thumb nail image.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Can't play these videos

It looks like the message refers to the accelerations capabilities of your graphic card. If you have a a fast enough processor may be the video can be played using just the CPU (disabling acceleration on VLC).

What is your graphic card and CPU?

Regards.

Beans

Note that VLC only supports VA-API for video acceleration. If you have an nvidia card, and you're using the nvidia driver, then you need this: http://www.splitted-desktop.com/~gbe...au-video/pkgs/

To make sure video accel is working, look at vainfo:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install vainfo
    vainfo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@papibe well the problem is why this same video play one windows but not in ubuntu ?

@.... no its not nvidia

Anyway M player did solve the problem with some configurations but still cant play on vlc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Nisal View Post
    @papibe well the problem is why this same video play one windows but not in ubuntu ?
    I'm afraid HD playback in Lunux is somehow limited, and not as available as in Windows.

For some time the combo Nvidia cards, proprietary driver, vdpau and mplayer (or XBMC) has been the most stable and functional way to reproduce HD videos.

Lately thanks to vaapi, ATI/AMD cards are being also able to reproduce HD videos using VLC, or a special version of mplayer. However you either have to use 11.04 or (maybe and) ppa's (check ....'s post).

Regards.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by papibe View Post
    I'm afraid HD playback in Lunux is somehow limited, and not as available as in Windows.

For some time the combo Nvidia cards, proprietary driver, vdpau and mplayer (or XBMC) has been the most stable and functional way to reproduce HD videos.

Lately thanks to vaapi, ATI/AMD cards are being also able to reproduce HD videos using VLC, or a special version of mplayer. However you either have to use 11.04 or (maybe and) ppa's (check ....'s post).

Regards.
    yes i should upgrade i think, i miss the ship it programme because it is kind of hard to download with this limited internet connections