Thread: update has killed applets

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

update has killed applets

I'm running natty using the classic desktop. An update seems to have just killed my capacity to have applets appear in the panel. You could almost call it sabotage ... I suspect the unity updates specifically of being the cause. While I am not running unity, these seem the updates most likely to be the cause of changed of behaviour of panels, applets, etc.

How can I roll this update back?

The desktopnova tray applet and inhibiter applet are the two I most seriously miss.
    Life's a pitch. And then you sing!

Beans
    Distro

Re: update has killed applets

Update: The inhihibiter applet seems to have respawned after a reboot (not a logout - it needed a reboot). The desktopnova-tray applet is still MIA. However there is apparently a desktopnova-indicator on a private PPA somewhere which does the same job. I'm going to give installing that a go, which should be as good as a fix if it works.

Beans
    Distro

Re: update has killed applets

Update: OK - that worked.

The original problem remains unfixed; applications in the tray that once worked just fine stopped working after an update and still don't work. However this has not caused me to lose functionality as I've managed to find acceptable alternatives. On that basis I'm prepared to call this solved.