Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you smile today

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Things that made you smile today

Quote Originally Posted by MG&TL View Post
    Me too. French has degraded to cuddly-toy chucking. Nobody learns anything.
    i took french IB for 6 years, i know enough to get through france, which is unacceptable for how long i was taking it, they ended up firing the teacher and cutting the french program, ive been teaching myself Japanese on livemoca and have learned faster than taking french class
    If at first you don't succeed, try until you bleed

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Languages aren't my thing, but I took a lot of time off geography class, and came top because I'd swotted at home, rather than listening to inaccurate drivel from a state-paid teacher.

Oh yeah, should explain cuddly-toy chucking. It seems that the latest iniative (in Britain, anyways) is 'word association' so we throw 'distinctive' toys around, asking questions to each other in badly pronounced French. Country's going to the dogs, rant, rave

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MG&TL View Post
    Languages aren't my thing, but I took a lot of time off geography class, and came top because I'd swotted at home, rather than listening to inaccurate drivel from a state-paid teacher.

Oh yeah, should explain cuddly-toy chucking. It seems that the latest iniative (in Britain, anyways) is 'word association' so we throw 'distinctive' toys around, asking questions to each other in badly pronounced French. Country's going to the dogs, rant, rave
    ha!!! i laughed so hard i woke up my family, wtf! sounds affective

thats what made me smile today

Beans

Don't remind me of my highschool French teacher. She was in dire need of some professional counseling. She constantly ignored the students, even when they asked legitimate questions and always spoke in this weird kind of childish voice. I always wondered if she had been traumatized at some point during or before teaching. I really would like to improve my French nowadays though. It's the other official language of my country after all. (I'm from Belgium)

Most other teachers in my highschool weren't much better. I was overjoyed when I graduated and got into college. Some teachers didn't do too well there either but at least I was free to skip their classes.

I've also taught myself English, Japanese and well over half of my IT skills. If you're good at self teaching, mmsmc, you'll have a fair chance in the tech business. The difference between it and the rest of the world is how fast technologies are obsoleted and new ones invented. Being able to teach yourself new stuff soon becomes one of the most valuable skills on the market.
    Full time open source software developer. Projects:
    Wakame-vdc: Virtual data center. Community: Wakame Users Group
    OpenVNet: Virtual networking using OpenFlow
    Sinatra-browse: Parameter declaration framework and browsable API for ruby Sinatra.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Metallion View Post
    Don't remind me of my highschool French teacher. She was in dire need of some professional counseling. She constantly ignored the students, even when they asked legitimate questions and always spoke in this weird kind of childish voice. I always wondered if she had been traumatized at some point during or before teaching. I really would like to improve my French nowadays though. It's the other official language of my country after all. (I'm from Belgium)

Most other teachers in my highschool weren't much better. I was overjoyed when I graduated and got into college. Some teachers didn't do too well there either but at least I was free to skip their classes.

I've also taught myself English, Japanese and well over half of my IT skills. If you're good at self teaching, mmsmc, you'll have a fair chance in the tech business. The difference between it and the rest of the world is how fast technologies are obsoleted and new ones invented. Being able to teach yourself new stuff soon becomes one of the most valuable skills on the market.
    i thought about going into tech, but im not, im going into the air force as a fighter pilot, i certainly do hope being bi-lingual helps there, and by the way, your english is crazy good for someone who taught themselves

Beans

It made me smile when I saw an unemployed man happily play the guitar. There's just something really inspiring about people who just lost their job, but still don't let that sadden them.

And by the way, Metallion, your English is really good.
    I'm teaching myself Japanese, and I'm fluent in Russian.

Beans

Thanks for the compliments about my English. ^_^

It made me smile when I lost my previous job which was infrastructure consultant for Oracle. I really don't like that company any more. It made me smile so much that I went to my favourite bar, paid a round for everybody there and got smashed beyond belief.

I guess that's different though since I hadn't lost the job but chose to quit.
    Full time open source software developer. Projects:
    Wakame-vdc: Virtual data center. Community: Wakame Users Group
    OpenVNet: Virtual networking using OpenFlow
    Sinatra-browse: Parameter declaration framework and browsable API for ruby Sinatra.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Metallion View Post
    Thanks for the compliments about my English. ^_^

It made me smile when I lost my previous job which was infrastructure consultant for Oracle. I really don't like that company any more. It made me smile so much that I went to my favourite bar, paid a round for everybody there and got smashed beyond belief.

I guess that's different though since I hadn't lost the job but chose to quit.
    it made me smile to think that this little belguim kid can drink, you cabt drink like a homegrown ruthenian (mix of russian, ukranian, and polish)

Beans

Congrats!

It made me smile today when I passed a group of high school students, and saw them in a heated debate over a math problem. Despite what people say, the new generation still has quite a kick left in them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

From the outside it may seem like and intellectual debate but it may not be...
    When I was in HS there were guys arguing about the organic molecule structure differences between regular carbon and graphite(for those of you who don't know physics both carbon and graphite are just carbon C ,which is an element not a molecule)
    Registered Linux user: #543082
    Registered Ubuntu user: #34219
    Coding Blog

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast