Thread: freaky problems

Beans

freaky problems

hey friends, i m new to ubuntu and and am using it about 1 month as certainly i was fedup using windows, so i decided to switch to linux, and started with ubuntu.
    Ubuntu is really very simple to use, but i am facing few problems, for as when i have any pendrive or cd attached to my laptop,then the grub loader dosen't loads.As soon as i remove the pendrive or CD, then it loads.The other problem is that sometimes my pc hangs, even if i m doing a lighter task.And my wireless cdma broadband usb modem is also not detected in ubuntu.
    I m using ubuntu 11.04 now in which these problems are occuring.
    But none of these problems appeared in 10.04LTS.
    So would i switch to 10.04Lts, as i think its more stable

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: freaky problems

Newer doesn't always mean better .......... if I was you ,I would reinstall 10.04.3 and just wait till the next long live version ........which, I guess is 12.04 .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

With reference to your booting problems your pc is probably trying to boot from the external devices first before your HDD,you can rectify this by changing the order of your boot devices in the BIOS
    Registered Linux user: #543082
    Registered Ubuntu user: #34219
    http://dvisagie.com/

Beans

I have already done that, but still the same problem.
    Thankyou for ur reply

Beans

Re: mike555

Hey u are right. It seems that 10.04 lts is much better than 11.04, there are no such issues in it.
    And once i load ubuntu classic then there is no difference between 11.04 and 10.04. Only "unity desktop" is the difference.
    And also upto the extent i used ubuntu, i found that kde desktop is also much userfriendly.
    And i require one more help from u, " how to combine mkv files into one using 7 zip." i used it but it just extracts the file independently and dosent combine the files into one movie as it does in windows.
    THANK YOU FOR UR REPLY